With Pick#150 GB Selects Kingsley Keke DE Texas A&M

Still think this pick was off because of the glut of DL we already have, but reading more about him, Keke in the 5th seems like a much better deal than Montravius Adams in the 3rd.

Lawrence was a late pick, cut by us, yet has been in rotation for the Pats etc. Good players can come from anywhere in the draft and even undrafted.

Though not familiar with him have to trust our staff that this was a good move

Silverstein posted an article today that Keke may be the replacement for Daniels, and the Packers may be considering trading Daniels soon.

I know..............rumors and scuttlebutt, but he did suggest it.

The do have numbers but I don't think they are all that sold on many of them. The only guys you can count on are Clark, Lowry and Daniels . . . and who knows what their plans are for Daniels.

F. Brown, M. Adams, Lancaster, Looney are all just guys who've shown a few flashes. Adding another depth and rotation guy to put pressure on everyone to perform is not a bad thing to do with a 5th round pick.

If they move on from Daniels and we count the Smiths and Gary as Edge/OLBs then another DL is fine. Yes, they'll need to cut a couple of them but that's okay. Maybe they can sneek one onto the PS.

Silverstein posted an article today that Keke may be the replacement for Daniels, and the Packers may be considering trading Daniels soon.

I know..............rumors and scuttlebutt, but he did suggest it.

Can’t make the call just yet, but I can absolutely see it if a couple things fall into place. If they like what they see from KeKe, Z Smith and Gary and think they have sufficient depth and pass rush ability along the front, it makes perfect sense. First, Gute has been systematically cleaning out the loudest voices on D from the failed latter Capers era, and Daniels is the loudest of them all. Second, he’s going into the last year of his deal and they aren’t going to extend him. Finally, and most importantly, I think he actually has trade value. You’re not going to get a starter for him, but maybe you can get a backup OT or a slot WR, or a mid round pick.

Can’t make the call just yet, but I can absolutely see it if a couple things fall into place. If they like what they see from KeKe, Z Smith and Gary and think they have sufficient depth and pass rush ability along the front, it makes perfect sense. First, Gute has been systematically cleaning out the loudest voices on D from the failed latter Capers era, and Daniels is the loudest of them all. Second, he’s going into the last year of his deal and they aren’t going to extend him. Finally, and most importantly, I think he actually has trade value. You’re not going to get a starter for him, but maybe you can get a backup OT or a slot WR, or a mid round pick.
Don't thnk any team will have interest in Daniels as he has a 7.9 million cap hit including the 300K roster bonus he gets.

I do believe Daniels isn't in the Packer future. He may be here this year, while Keke learns the ropes, but he will definitely play like he's on someone else's roster already. I believe he knows that himself. He just hasn't lived up to the expectations they had for him, and quite honestly, I don't see him there, moving forward.

The idea of getting a player for him might work, but I have a hunch it will be more like a 3rd round pick if he sticks somewhere else, if he's dumped this year.

I've never really been a huge Daniels fan to be honest. I thought he talked a better game than he actually played. He made some solid plays, but he wasn't always there when they needed him most. But, that's just my opinion based on what I saw.

A lot of the negatives on Keke look like strength and technique. He can get stronger and be taught technique.

Maybe in a year he will take that jump and we will have a solid rotational player.

Back