With Pick 5A GB selects Sean Clifford QB Penn State

Highlights never show you everything, but he has good mobility, decent enough arm strength and is willing to throw it into tight windows. There's enough for the Packers to work with.
Is there maybe a little Matt Flynn to his game?

Lets just hope Jordan Love does not get hurt. GB goes into season with Etling and Clifford and Love goes down GB could be looking at the #1 draft choice

Gute messed around with that trade too long which kind of screwed us in the backup QB market then did the same Saturday rather then sliding up for a better arm. My guess is they scan the wavier wire or trade for a back up for 23

I didn't see it, but apparently in the post-draft pressor Gute admitted that they were unprepared for the run on QBs early on Day 3 and so had to take Clifford earlier than planned because he was the only QB left on their board. I kinda liked Jaren Hall more, but later in the draft. He went in Rd5 as well.

Is there maybe a little Matt Flynn to his game?
Geez, that would be fantastic if he turned out that well.

I didn't see it, but apparently in the post-draft pressor Gute admitted that they were unprepared for the run on QBs early on Day 3 and so had to take Clifford earlier than planned because he was the only QB left on their board. I kinda liked Jaren Hall more, but later in the draft. He went in Rd5 as well.

Geez, that would be fantastic if he turned out that well.
Hall is very short only 6'0 so I think that really was working against him. At the time I was more for taking wither McKee or Duggan as I thought those two had more upside then Clifford who still seemed a guy you could have signed as a UDFA. I think after Clifford went only Hall, McKee, and Duggan were the only QB's drafted.

There will be some veteran QBs released this fall, who understand the premise of the Packer offense, and have enough chops that they can be a replacement game manager if forced to play. The Packers will grab one, if it can be done on the cheap.

Lets just hope Jordan Love does not get hurt. GB goes into season with Etling and Clifford and Love goes down GB could be looking at the #1 draft choice
would that really be such a bad thing? we already know we are not going anywhere this season. a top draft pick would be nice.

If a solid QB comes out of the next draft, it will probably be someone who went through the portal, because they were buried in a depth chart somewhere so they couldn't get on the field. It can happen, but I doubt it will.

Back