With Their 2nd Round Pick GB Selects AJ Dillon, RB, Boston College

Gutey nor MLF saw Dillon as the Henry type of mold, per his presser. I would agree with that two different guys altogether.

Just by chance Ski, are you part of the Polish Mafia in Pacific Beach?

Getting into this channel lol. This past draft was for Matt imo. Matt got what he wanted, now let's see what he does with it.

Getting into this channel lol. This past draft was for Matt imo. Matt got what he wanted, now let's see what he does with it.

Then what you're saying is that despite what everyone else thought (fans/media) - coach LaFleur didn't want any new WR talent in the draft.

Then what you're saying is that despite what everyone else thought (fans/media) - coach LaFleur didn't want any new WR talent in the draft.
They were putting Aaron in his place imo

I was talking to an old friend who was a coach in the NFL, but retired some time ago. He said that there were a couple of messages in the first two round picks we made that might not have been as obvious to us as fans, but made him curious, since he had a fairly good idea where the LeFleur offense was heading.

First of all, not taking any WRs. Bad mistake? Maybe not, he suggested. Just maybe the receivers were doing their job, but Rodgers wasn't making the right reads. Sometimes the open receiver is a flash of being open, and the QB needs to be able to read that it's about to happen and make the throw on a timing basis. Another scenario, surrounding Rodgers himself, that maybe he's lost the touch. Like he said, and I agree, his arm may be going dead. It's just like a pitcher in baseball. It does happen. That's possible, but not likely. We probably would have seen it in a rash of INTs. But, he felt that the crux of the problem was timing. Their timing was off, and during this off season, they'd be able to correct it. As for Love? He may, or may not, be the future. He could well be the energy shot that Rodgers needs to improve his game. Like he said, nothing makes you play better than feeling someone breathing over your shoulder, for your job.

On grabbing an RB. He stated that you can only expect 3, maybe 4, really good years out of today's RBs. They Take one or two years to mature into the job, then have their best years, then start downhill, and it can go fast. That means that with a 3 man rotation back there, you're looking at needing a replacement at least every other year, to keep the position solid. When there's a guy that looks like he fits your mold and you didn't think he'd be there, grab him, even if it's a little early in the draft.

Anyhow, his opinion, and I do believe he has good perspectives. Always has in the past.

Kinda beating a dead horse here but part of the reason we did not draft a WR is #1 how the board fell and #2 the mistake to use draft equity to pick Love. Seems clear that Love was the target or Aiyuk was their #1 WR on the board and he went to SF at 25. The only way they move up from 62 is to use that extra pick in the Love pick. Who was there? Shenault, Hamler, Claypool, Mims, Jefferson, ....but they were stuck at 62. If Claypool or Shenault was there at 62, I dont think Dillion is the pick

From what TW's friend said, there's a couple of possible issues. I go back to the issue about timing - we all forgot that we were told to expect that to happen because of the new offense, but then when it happened many people started throwing out blame on both the WR's and AR. I'm not saying Rodgers hasn't digressed a bit, but I really don't know. But now with Danica gone maybe he can concentrate on football this year and this offense will click with the receivers we have.

But, he felt that the crux of the problem was timing. Their timing was off, and during this off season, they'd be able to correct it.

what off season? they're going straight to regular season games. i do think that a new offensive playbook and mostly inexperienced receivers led to some timing issues. not sure when they will be able to fix them. i also think that after mvs got injured, his timing was way off. and the packers kept using him anyway.

is rodgers getting older? sure. but he's still a top five qb imho.

Back