With Their First Pick in the 2024 Draft GB Selects OT Jordan Morgan

McGinn scout>

JORDAN MORGAN, T-G, ARIZONA

Rd. 1/Pk. 25.

• Height: 6-5.
  • Weight: 311.
  • 40: 5.07.
  • Wonderlic: 11 (first attempt; uncertain if retested).
  • Hometown: Marana, Ariz.
Fact/stat: The seventh offensive lineman selected. Suffered a torn ACL in November 2022. His arm length (32 7/8 inches) was the shortest of the top 15 tackles; his hand size (10 7/8) was the third largest.

NFC scout: “He’s a starter athletically but there’s an inconsistency with his playing style. Sustainability and toughness and finish and all that shit. He’s got pride. I can’t say he doesn’t.”

NFC scout: “I have (Taliese) Fuaga rated higher but I do like Jordan. Athletic kid. He came off an ACL this year. I was hoping to see a jump in his play but didn’t see that as much. He’ll be a starter possibly. I see him early as a swing tackle. He’s athletic; he’s just got to put it all together. You’d like to see him be more physical.”

AFC scout: “He’s pretty good. He is the most finesse of all the top guys. I don’t think he’s not tough; he’s just a finesse player. Flexible, good bender. He can move. He’s light on his feet. He plays like a left tackle just in terms of pass pro. His run blocking needs to improve. He’s really smart with high character. He can probably play all five (positions). At minimum, he can play four of the five, so you’re talking about a guy that’d be extremely valuable on game day. He has a chance to be a later first (round) pick. If you got him in the second you’re doing back flips.”

AFC scout: “Good kid. He’ll play. Good athlete. He’s in my top 10 offensive linemen.”

AFC scout: “He’s all right.”

AFC scout: “He’s a foot athlete. Moves his feet well, moves around well. He isn’t real physical. He’s more like Paris Johnson. Excellent pass blocker, adequate run blocker. Natural left tackle. He’ll be best in a zone (scheme). Not as strong or nasty as the other top guys. Alex Gibbs would love him. He gets to the second level and downfield. What he is, he’s a technician with nice feet. He’s probably a second-round pick. Remember that guy from Pittsburgh (Brian O’Neill) who was drafted by the Vikings? He had no strength at all. People just bounced him around. That’s who this guy is. He has the feet.”

AFC scout: “Good kid with a quiet demeanor. Liked and respected by his teammates. Not a vocal leader. Hard worker in the weight room. Has passion for the game. Adequate toughness.”

NFC scout: “He’ll be a steady starter. Has 11-inch hands. Good athlete.”

NFC scout: “He’s as athletic as can be. Light on his feet. Technique-sound, positions easy. He can pull. He can run. Not a powerful guy but he works at it. In pass pro he can mirror guys. He reminded me of Christian Darrisaw.”

AFC scout: “People will start him off at left tackle but maybe ship him inside ultimately. In today’s football, he probably is (a guard).”

Wonderlic type tests are over rated and based on questionable science. Much like the same ones they give kids. It’s really not that helpful or reliable.
i think you're right.

NFL performance on the football field was only found to have a statistically significant correlation with Wonderlic scores among two positions: Tight end and defensive back. Correlations were statistically negligible across all other positions.

i think you're right.

NFL performance on the football field was only found to have a statistically significant correlation with Wonderlic scores among two positions: Tight end and defensive back. Correlations were statistically negligible across all other positions.
And I’m guessing even that correlation is more coincidence.

Sounds like ML is going to give Morgan first crack at winning the starting LT job this year.

With all the people saying this was a reach and all other crap look at the draft board. After Guyton went a few picks later the next OL off the board was the 23rd pick in the 2nd round. Shows that all teams thought there was a big talent drop off after Morgan and Guyton were gone.

With all the people saying this was a reach and all other crap look at the draft board. After Guyton went a few picks later the next OL off the board was the 23rd pick in the 2nd round. Shows that all teams thought there was a big talent drop off after Morgan and Guyton were gone.
I posted this in the other thread but he was going to go end of round 1 or very top of rd 2. Not a reach at all, he went right in his predicted range.

The kid has great feet, our old friend Vegas who's dad was an OL guru always used to talk about" you know a good OL by his feet" I think he won't be Bak but will be a solid OT for us.

Back