• Other

Votes: 1 4.2%

• Total voters

FlaPack

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
Reaction score
So who’s your choice? And rational why.

Dickert. Would not cost a lot and he's young and think he could bring a fresh approach to UW. He would not be connected to the Barry era at all which is something the school needs to get away from.

I’ll go Thomas Brown. Long shot but here it goes
- Associate HC for LA Rams so some offensive background
- Was OC at U of Miami
- Arguably the best recruiter UW has had the last 10 years. Players loved him. Coached Gordon and Clement. Made Dare Ogunbowale a decent back from a walk on DB
- Understands Wisconsin
- SEC experience at Georgia and South Carolina

Dickert. Would not cost a lot and he's young and think he could bring a fresh approach to UW. He would not be connected to the Barry era at all which is something the school needs to get away from.
He’s making $2.7 per year now so you’re going to have to hit $4m to make it work. Not sure on his buyout

It's going to take a lot of convincing for me to believe that the Badgers are going to choose anyone other than Jim Leonhard. If the wheels don't totally fall off the bus between now and the end of the season, and he gets any bowl game, he's going to get the job after what will be called an "exhaustive search" for the right candidate. The truth is, the people who are paying off the Chryst deal are also giving the thumbs up or down to the replacement. They're the ones funding the kind of salaries offered.

Despite what we may think, I don't believe the people involved want to change the culture as much as they wanted to change the coach, because he wasn't as "friendly toward them" as he would have liked. Fortunately for McIntosh, he found chinks in the Chryst program, especially in recruiting, which were glaring enough to make it appear the program was beginning to fail.

The real success from the last few seasons has come because of the defense, and the way they have handled opponents. I don't think they want to see that leave with Jim Leonhard, when someone else comes in. They're not going to be able to find an offensive genius who can smooth talk Leonhard into staying in Madison, as a DC. Count on it.

So, because of those issues, I say it's going to be Leonhard, and if the team fails the rest of this year, they go with Leipold, because they can get some new money in to bring him to Wisconsin, and he's a Wisconsinite himself.

It's all about that Wisconsin family. We're kind of inbred I'm afraid.

Last edited:
I'm all with TW.

I love the Leonhard story and think he will do better than good.

But, I want the real investigations and diligence. I want Bucky to be the best it can be. These are very intense and trying times.

I don't know who's going to be our coach of the future. But I think we're going to get it right. We'll see in 2 years after the brats come off the grill

Reactions: TW
I live and breath Badger FB living in MadTown, I have actually met and talked to Jimmy L many times as well as his wife. With that said this is about what's best for UW FB, that's not Jim.

I think Lance has proven he can be a HC and run a program at this level, Jimmy has never been a HC at any level and has only ever coached at UW. I am going with Lance.

I voted other because so far I am not really set on anyone coach, I do think UW should do a full search even if they like Jim L. It's only right to look at all the options. tc(

Back