2021 Off Season Thread

I like MVS for exactly what he is. 5th rounder that worked out to a productive player. Never missed a game. 30-40 catches per season for 600-700 yards, averages just under 18 yards per catch. Nothing wrong with that guy in the rotation. Don't delude yourself that he is a move the ball guy, don't rely on him that way or you're in deep crap, that's not what he does. He's not going to shake a guy and get 11 yards on 4th and 10. Double move off play action, get behind the defense, good role player. Sometimes guys have limited ceilings and it's OK to call it out when they hit them.

This is all fine and dandy... yup MVS is what he is BUT don't do NOT bitch this year when he has lots of drops in the big game or struggles to get open vs a # 1 or 2 CB because frankly he will and I'll have to hear the whines about it in shout....
I do not think he's a capable 1-2 receiver. I see him as an ideal 4.

This is all fine and dandy... yup MVS is what he is BUT don't do NOT bitch this year when he has lots of drops in the big game or struggles to get open vs a # 1 or 2 CB because frankly he will and I'll have to hear the whines about it in shout....

So Mark, you think he's fallen to being a long-shot for the Hall of Fame? hide)

MVS is a product of the spread O, his route tree is limited which makes him a liability not an asset. As a #4 WR maybe you keep him but maybe not.
I actually could say that about most D1 WR that come out. But some adjust like Cee Dee Lamb or even Higgins to some degree.

The drops are one thing and I completely agree there, but he’s also not a crisp route runner and not consistent in getting separation
MVS runs way to hot and cold get a good game then a game were he does nothing.

Back