2021 Off Season Thread

It's a negotiation.

If the Pack approaches Rodgers to renegotiate to free cap space, the Pack is asking for something from him. Consequently, I think he has the right to ask for something from the Pack - like use that cap space to get guys to win now.

A demand is do it my way or I'm leaving.
you do not negotiate how to use cap space unless its for your own contract and if the team would do that Ball, Gute and Murphy should be fired on the spot. The organization has the right to use that space to sign their own FA's, use it in FA, or bank it. Thats not for any player to decide

It's a negotiation.

If the Pack approaches Rodgers to renegotiate to free cap space, the Pack is asking for something from him. Consequently, I think he has the right to ask for something from the Pack - like use that cap space to get guys to win now.

He gets in return is money right away. You convert base salary to SB that's guaranteed money. He demands a say in how team runs you tell him to suck it will talk to other players

It's a negotiation.

fact is you could never put that language in a contract to begin with, would violate the CBA and never get league approval

It's a negotiation.

Nope...if they even consider that they are dumber than a box of rocks. There should be no negotiation etc... he's a soon to be 38 yr old QB. The man is playing on borrowed time. You don't have to like it but that's a fact and only a group of mental midgets would do anything longer or listen to his wants.... he hasn't and I am repeating myself again delivered a SB in 10 yrs. #12 is the one piece of this puzzle over the years that hasn't changed yet the outcome has stayed the same.....

I mostly agree with Mark, though I will say as a recently turned 38 year old that I think it’s a fine age and people should pay you more and more money, so that’s my one nit.

Unrelated, but as a recently turned 31 year old, it has caused me to realize that I have known some of you for over half my life. Ever since I swapped rankings with you as a 15yr old high school freshman back on The Sporting News...

I didn't mean it has to go in the contract. I believe he will need 'reassurances' that the Pack is going to try to win now before he negotiates a restructure of his contract.

Why would he renegotiate with the Pack if they are going to continue building for the future

I didn't mean it has to go in the contract. I believe he will need 'reassurances' that the Pack is going to try to win now before he negotiates a restructure of his contract.

Why would he renegotiate with the Pack if they are going to continue building for the future
Reassurances mean nothing. Fine then let him walk if that’s what he wants. He not the GM, not the HC. Why would he? More $$$. Follow the money. And this “all in “ stuff also means squat. They are $18m over the cap so asking for a FA bonanza is a wish and a prayer

And here is dirty little secret when it comes to free agency. I know the green & gold glasses crowd won’t like this but not every FA wants to play in GB. So it our beloved QB wants “assurances” that’s light years form happening. It takes 2 to tango and with salary cap restrictions it’s not fantasy football.

he hasn't and I am repeating myself again delivered a SB in 10 yrs. #12 is the one piece of this puzzle over the years that hasn't changed yet the outcome has stayed the same.....
i truly think that is unfair. that's like surrounding tom brady with a bunch of nobodies that no other team wants and then blaming him when the team doesn't get to the super bowl. the smart thing that tampa bay did is they listened to everything tom wanted. they changed the offense to better suit him. they brought in a couple guys that he specifically asked for who he had worked with in the past, and they already had the outstanding defense, but they even made it a bit better. they didn't say "that's all you get" and start acquiring players that they might be able to use someday when tom retires.

Back