2021 Off Season Thread

sadly, gutes most recent mock has us drafting a fullback, two punters, a gunner, and the big move - trading up to draft another qb in the first round.
I wouldn't be surprised with another QB though.. maybe not round one. But I bet GB drafts another this year.

I wouldn't be surprised with another QB though.. maybe not round one. But I bet GB drafts another this year.
Quite possible.
Either a late round pick or bring in an UDFA.
Someone to likely stash on the PS as a D&D player.

I would not draft a QB there will be a UDFA you can sign after the draft to fill in as a camp arm

sadly, gutes most recent mock has us drafting a fullback, two punters, a gunner, and the big move - trading up to draft another qb in the first round.

I can see all of that happening except for the gunner. Any speed guy can he the gunner.

Haven't really dug into CAP details yet, but this seems like a viable option. It doesn't require a redo that adds years to his deal and moves money into years where the CAP is expected to rise and makes it more easily absorbed.

Now, maybe he wants more years added. If that's the case, maybe he won't agree.
I wonder if they would need his approval?
They could just tell him instead of 17 installments he gets the whole season up front.
I would think he should take that as a commitment to going all in because they are working to free up money.
Now......who they spend it on might be the $64 question.
Watt might be the flavor of the day, but keeping Linsley might have the biggest impact.
Just have to wait and what, if any, more moves the front office is inclined to make.

I wonder if they would need his approval?
They could just tell him instead of 17 installments he gets the whole season up front.
I would think he should take that as a commitment to going all in because they are working to free up money.
Now......who they spend it on might be the $64 question.
Watt might be the flavor of the day, but keeping Linsley might have the biggest impact.
Just have to wait and what, if any, more moves the front office is inclined to make.
Payment terms are negotiated, it can be 17 weeks, 52 weeks or lump sum on any bonus money paid. Even base salary can be paid over any term.

I don't think Rodgers will agree to any deal for Green Bay if he can't confirm the Pack is "all in" - "all in" is drafting and getting free agents for 2021 - not 2-3 years down the road and not protecting the cap for 2022.
That would be a demand and if I was in the front office no player dictates how an organization spends or drafts

That would be a demand and if I was in the front office no player dictates how an organization spends or drafts
It's a negotiation.

If the Pack approaches Rodgers to renegotiate to free cap space, the Pack is asking for something from him. Consequently, I think he has the right to ask for something from the Pack - like use that cap space to get guys to win now.

A demand is do it my way or I'm leaving.

Back