2021 Off Season Thread

Because if you trade Adams and Rodgers you might as well say this team won't win nothing and move on from guys like Clark and Smith also why pay them if you don't think you will win.
No. You do not gut a roster. We discussed this previously. The word rebuild is the most dangerous in sports.

Because if you trade Adams and Rodgers you might as well say this team won't win nothing and move on from guys like Clark and Smith also why pay them if you don't think you will win.

Because they're on defense and a good defense can help a struggling offense.

But maybe we need to assess Smith soon.

Because they're on defense and a good defense can help a struggling offense.

But maybe we need to assess Smith soon.
Smith you have to choose after this year extend him lower his cap or cut him and move on his 2022 cap you can't take that.

No. You do not gut a roster. We discussed this previously. The word rebuild is the most dangerous in sports.
That's why I say keep Adams I think he's not that old you can still get quality years out of him.

I don't think at this stage letting go of the QB and 1 WR is gutting the team. Especially when the QB doesn't want to be here and we have won without the WR before

That's why I say keep Adams I think he's not that old you can still get quality years out of him.
He’s an injury risk long term. He’s 28 now, you hit 30 all bets are off.

He’s an injury risk long term. He’s 28 now, you hit 30 all bets are off.

Sign him for 5, get 3 good years out of him and everyone more or less has gotten what they wanted out of the deal. The cap will be up again, lots of big contracts off the books. The real issues will be making it workable this year and next without too much long term baggage.

Though if you were serious to want to move him you could have laid out a trade on draft day to take effect after June 1st.
And there was no way on draft day to project how far this goes or the end game. Now if they did ask for a trade (i think they did) that’s a bit different. Worst thing the organization could have done is overreact

Back