2023 Badger Football Thread

The Wisconsin Badgers offered 2024 four-star defensive back Jameer Grimsley on Wednesday, remaining active in the upcoming cycle with National Signing Day just weeks away.

Grimsley, a native of Tampa, Florida, is currently a verbal commit to the Alabama Crimson Tide, and has been one of the most heralded recruits in the 2024 class, having accumulated 37 scholarship offers thus far.

The defensive back is universally seen as a top-300 recruit in the 2024 class, with On3’s recruiting database listing him as the 99th-best, while Rivals’s database lists him as the eighth-best corner in the class.

Grimsley, who stands at 6’3, 185-pounds, is taking an official visit with the Florida Gators this upcoming weekend, but still remains committed to Alabama.

So Grimsley is a lock to come to UW if they can get him here to try some cheese curds.

I doubt much that Grimsley will head to the Badgers, but you never know. It's amazing who some of the players are that make the trek this far North.

Sounds like portal QB DeQuan Finn is planning a Wisconsin visit. He is a 3 year starter for Toledo. Decent passing numbers with solid running ability as well. He'd be a 5th year senior with one year of eligibility.

They've also been mentioned as being in the mix for Wash.St. quarterback Cam Ward. Not so sure I see that as realistic. He'll have some higher profile options - starting with tOSU.

Sounds like portal QB DeQuan Finn is planning a Wisconsin visit. He is a 3 year starter for Toledo. Decent passing numbers with solid running ability as well. He'd be a 5th year senior with one year of eligibility.

They've also been mentioned as being in the mix for Wash.St. quarterback Cam Ward. Not so sure I see that as realistic. He'll have some higher profile options - starting with tOSU.
Lot of talk that Ward is likely going to OSU. Not sure I want to keep going after 5th year senior. Give kids we got on roster chance to develop. Keep bringing in new guys the guys on roster will say screw it and leave.

Lot of talk that Ward is likely going to OSU. Not sure I want to keep going after 5th year senior. Give kids we got on roster chance to develop. Keep bringing in new guys the guys on roster will say screw it and leave.
It's kind of the nature of the beast these days. It's alluring to some programs but I totally get what you're saying. I would much rather see a team develop the young guys too, but then again, as they develop, there's no guarantee they won't jump ship for a better situation either. Kind of chaotic but the new normal.

It's kind of the nature of the beast these days. It's alluring to some programs but I totally get what you're saying. I would much rather see a team develop the young guys too, but then again, as they develop, there's no guarantee they won't jump ship for a better situation either. Kind of chaotic but the new normal.
It is kind of the way it is now, but it's also a potential need for the Badgers because they lost some guys over time and didn't recruit all that well in the past. The QB room next fall will be all sophomores and freshmen. It's fine to develop your own, and I'm all for it, but right now they have so little experience at QB that the staff may feel like they'd like to have at least one upper-classman in the group with some significant snaps. Unless that group of youngsters is completely incapable of playing, I suspect this would be the last time they bring in a high level QB for awhile.

I still believe the wild card for Wisconsin next year is Mettauer. I've sat in the stands and watched this kid play. He can throw a pass 40 yards with a wrist flick.

It is kind of the way it is now, but it's also a potential need for the Badgers because they lost some guys over time and didn't recruit all that well in the past. The QB room next fall will be all sophomores and freshmen. It's fine to develop your own, and I'm all for it, but right now they have so little experience at QB that the staff may feel like they'd like to have at least one upper-classman in the group with some significant snaps. Unless that group of youngsters is completely incapable of playing, I suspect this would be the last time they bring in a high level QB for awhile.
I can see Evers leaving the program left OU to UW and if not getting the starting job again I think he goes.

Back