2023 Badger Football Thread

I can see Evers leaving the program left OU to UW and if not getting the starting job again I think he goes.
I'm not certain what happened there this season. It didn't make sense, unless he's just been having problems understanding the offense. It can happen, but he was passed by and ended up #3. It could also be academics. A lot of things. But, if he was at a point where he felt he wasn't going to see the field, I think he would have left for greener pastures.

It is kind of the way it is now, but it's also a potential need for the Badgers because they lost some guys over time and didn't recruit all that well in the past. The QB room next fall will be all sophomores and freshmen. It's fine to develop your own, and I'm all for it, but right now they have so little experience at QB that the staff may feel like they'd like to have at least one upper-classman in the group with some significant snaps. Unless that group of youngsters is completely incapable of playing, I suspect this would be the last time they bring in a high level QB for awhile.
Great points and I agree. There is still a little piece of me that believes that it will always be a temptation to go grab a high level QB from the portal, if available. Almost as if trying to keep up with the Joneses type of thing.

Great points and I agree. There is still a little piece of me that believes that it will always be a temptation to go grab a high level QB from the portal, if available. Almost as if trying to keep up with the Joneses type of thing.

This is absolutely correct. Every coach is trying to keep up with the Joneses. NIL and the portal have only made it worse. Look no further than tOSU. They had a perfectly good QB in McCord this year, but he wasn't equal to the best. I suspect he's been told to "move on" while they look for the next quick fix for next year.

Look at the top-15 "draftable" QBs this year (per walterfootball). Williams, Nix, Penix, Daniels, Sanders, Ewers, Rattler, Milton, Hartman, Travis, and Leary all transferred. That's 11 of 15. Many of them played for highly ranked teams and improved their draft stock. This isn't lost on the rest of the guys out there, and isn't lost on the coaches who are looking to fix the position for their teams. When it all first started I hated it and still haven't gotten used to it, but it's the new norm.

Whoa there big fellas..... few things

This isn't Wisconsin like it used to be boys....all of you have a bit of nostalgia going on. We are running a hybrid air raid offense. They want a duel-threat guy who can run like a deer and pick up an easy 15 but sling it 40 yards for a strike.( Longo has hand-picked DeQuan Finn that's target#1)

But we recruited >> "Insert name here" Archie Mannings's son is sitting in Texas...let that sink in. Doesn't mean squat

This is also FA via the portal, you can say well develop so and so....except so and so might develop and hit the road after his sophomore year, and your poo out of luck. The point is that you can NOT be a Wisconsin and work via "your guys" solely and win. Part of why PC was fired. You will be filling holes yearly until such times as this changes which frankly may be awhile. You will need to have a fund to pay these kids.

This IS reality in today's power 5. SCOTUS has affirmed it. Thus you adapt and go shopping.

Former Syracuse EDGE Leon Lowery has de-committed from Wisconsin. He committed to the Badgers last night. Follow the NIL $$$

Well, looks like he's baaaack. Lowery has re-committed to Wisconsin. Weird 72 hours for him.

Well, looks like he's baaaack. Lowery has re-committed to Wisconsin. Weird 72 hours for him.
Guess he was getting bad advice from his so called agent which people said was nothing but a scam artist.

hopefully he's more committed once he joins the team. if he joins the team. whoever made this system possible needs to be committed.

This is a Russell Wilson type get>>> Huge if they land him, have scouted him for 2 years
@PeteThamel
·
10m

Source: Former Miami quarterback Tyler Van Dyke is visiting Wisconsin this weekend. He’s started 28 career games and has thrown for 7,469 yards and 54 touchdowns in his career.

Seems like Fickell not sold on any QB on roster next year to start for him.

Back