2024 Draft Thread

And yet the def is always disappointing and they’ve been churning through DCs.. won’t change until the GB front office admits scouting sucks and makes changes there.
or maybe they just need a dc that knows how to use them. (not likely, i know). virtually all of the drafted defensive players were selected by gutey, and every time i say gutey sucks at drafting, some people blast me.

or maybe they just need a dc that knows how to use them. (not likely, i know). virtually all of the drafted defensive players were selected by gutey, and every time i say gutey sucks at drafting, some people blast me.
On defense I agree Gutey sucks at drafting. Because its not just about players having talent. If it was one DC that couldn't use them I might agree. But GB has been through 3 or 4 and none of them have been able to find a way to use these guys... So that speaks to the make-up of the squad just not being good, and merely being a collection of players instead of a unit.

I have mocked him couple times to GB like in the 4th or 5th round.
i keep bypassing him because he's 5'10". just hard for me to believe that he's going to do well in the nfl. but i'm no expert. i'm just a guy who likes to watch football.

i keep bypassing him because he's 5'10". just hard for me to believe that he's going to do well in the nfl. but i'm no expert. i'm just a guy who likes to watch football.
Yup, he doesn't fit the Packer's size preferences, but I think he can be a good player. Look no further than Tyrann Mathieu who's had a solid career at safety at 5'9-190#. Heck, Nick Collins was only a little bigger than Bullard - inch taller and 5-10lbs heavier.

6-0 and 200# is my low threshold on the size of a safety. If they're that big, and have speed, and good instincts, they can be taught the rest by good coaches. That's just my opinion. The last thing I want to see is a Muggsy Bogues trying to take the ball away from a 6-5 WR who outweighs them by 35#.

Back