2024 Draft Thread

Tried this sim with a little different settings for some new results.

1708644542935.png

Don't see any way Rakestraw lasts that long and a little disappointed I couldn't get an edge but I mostly like it even if there are a couple guys with injury issues and a guy or two that might not "fit" what the Packers usually look for..

Tried this sim with a little different settings for some new results.

View attachment 805

Don't see any way Rakestraw lasts that long and a little disappointed I couldn't get an edge but I mostly like it even if there are a couple guys with injury issues and a guy or two that might not "fit" what the Packers usually look for..
I think Rakestraw is there at 41. I have not seen any mocks of him going round 1. I think middle round 2 is were he goes.

I think Rakestraw is there at 41. I have not seen any mocks of him going round 1. I think middle round 2 is were he goes.
Interesting you say that about Rakestraw. I'm not really seeing that. The PFF and Fanspeak sims never have him available at #41 unless maybe the default settings get changed. DraftBuzz and the above sim I used do seem to have him available at #41 pretty regularly. Daniel Jeramiah at NFL Network has him going #22. About half the guys at HuddleReport have him going in Rd1.

That said, both guys at Walterfootball have him going in Rd3 so opinions are divided. There's a chance he's there at 41, but for me it seems like a pretty slim chance unless he doesn't test well or something comes out on his medicals. I could be wrong.

PRIORITY #1 needs to be safety, Our DC wants a single high look and no one on this roster can play single high. Need 2 of those guys BEFORE you draft a corner.
Though if a CB like Higgins or Kool-Aid fall to you at 25 is taking a CB better value then taking a safety like Kinchens at 25? I think Kinchens is the only safety who might be worthy of the pick at 25 and even some people think that could be to early for him.

Though if a CB like Higgins or Kool-Aid fall to you at 25 is taking a CB better value then taking a safety like Kinchens at 25? I think Kinchens is the only safety who might be worthy of the pick at 25 and even some people think that could be to early for him.
Forget the value BS, you have to get that safety with wheels or you can't play this scheme. IF GB does some other bologna then it would prove a disconnect between Gute and staff. The only thing that changes my thoughts here is if one of the top OT falls.. there are 5-6 generational OTs here that you wouldn't pass on. Corners ...meh

Forget the value BS, you have to get that safety with wheels or you can't play this scheme. IF GB does some other bologna then it would prove a disconnect between Gute and staff. The only thing that changes my thoughts here is if one of the top OT falls.. there are 5-6 generational OTs here that you wouldn't pass on. Corners ...meh
I only have 4 OT's here that I would consider at 25. The rest I would pass at 25.

Joe Alt, JC Lathem, Olumuyiwa Fashanu, and Amarius Mims. I think all 4 will be gone at 25. Taliese Fuaga I keep reading is a top 20 OT but that he's more likely to end up at RT instead of LT. I think we are ok at RT with Tom so would not need a guy like Fuaga. Barton I am not sold on him even ending up at OT and could be a OG. Though it's possible Cooper DeJean falls to 25 and GB takes him and makes him a S instead of a CB.

I only have 4 OT's here that I would consider at 25. The rest I would pass at 25.

Joe Alt, JC Lathem, Olumuyiwa Fashanu, and Amarius Mims. I think all 4 will be gone at 25. Taliese Fuaga I keep reading is a top 20 OT but that he's more likely to end up at RT instead of LT. I think we are ok at RT with Tom so would not need a guy like Fuaga. Barton I am not sold on him even ending up at OT and could be a OG. Though it's possible Cooper DeJean falls to 25 and GB takes him and makes him a S instead of a CB.
Cooper DeJean is a hard pass in round 1 for me, coming off a serious knee injury. Red flag city

I hope Gutey can realize this. Part of why TT was never able to put GB over the top was because he wouldn’t draft need necessarily he’d rather draft “players” so some holes were never filled.

Like Mark said without major safety help the scheme doesn’t work, regardless of what “value” some subjective chart shows for what draft slot.

Back