2024 Draft Thread

If you listen to the hype around him, he'd be a star in every sport in existence, including cricket..... as if anyone cares...... like sitting on a bench watching cars rust in a rain storm.

His comment shows he's really full of himself.
I am saying Packers don't draft him or even worse pass on him if he's there to pick Packer fans will have a TJ Watt style meltdown.

Just what the Pack needs to shore up its what the hell kind of tackle was that defense, a guy who can take a girl. Or, even has thoughts about taking on a girl.

Knuckle dragging once again.

I hope, since they are both from Iowa that he was trying to make a joke.

Didn’t Artie Lange once beat a WNBA player in a pick up game?

I digress. Gute has talked about the need for versatility in the secondary, Hafley talked about creating more turnovers. Hard not to see the DeJean connection there but could all be a smoke screen.

I've been real cold on the idea of drafting him to be honest. Yet, I can't get it out of my head that he's going to be their pick if he's still on the board. It's his versatility in the eyes of so many people, that he can play both CB and safety that makes him a player the Packers would covet. Gute migrates to that type as often as possible.

Listened to a podcast that brought up a good point. Expect the Packers to reach somewhat on LB's. At safety they don't really have to take a guy in the first 2 days because there are still options in free agency if things don't fall right. Kind of the same thing at OL and RB. At LB there is really nothing left in FA so you really have to take one high just to have available bodies worthy of getting snaps week one. They can't really afford to fool around and play the odds at that position.

Listened to a podcast that brought up a good point. Expect the Packers to reach somewhat on LB's. At safety they don't really have to take a guy in the first 2 days because there are still options in free agency if things don't fall right. Kind of the same thing at OL and RB. At LB there is really nothing left in FA so you really have to take one high just to have available bodies worthy of getting snaps week one. They can't really afford to fool around and play the odds at that position.
Or, they might not be able to fix it this year. Same as S last year.

if they package a couple of picks to move up to get someone so they don't have to reach . .

If they do a small move up for Cooper in the 2nd round it would not be the worst thing in the world to me.
It's not a comment on the player or the need, but all the best ILBs either seem to go in the top 10 or in the mid rounds. The league doesn't seem very good at ranking and sorting these guys. I'm hopeful for Quay (I have hope for every Packer as long as he's on the team) but can't say he's been a good use of #22.

Back