2024 NFL Season Thread

The fan base doesn't understand that the way the Bears throw these guys to the wolves on day one is what's destroying them. But, as long as it keeps happening, we can be thankful for their stupidity. If Williams got a year under his belt, with a QB who had some true skills, and vision, he could end up being something really special. Without it, he may end up like so many of them that get their confidence destroyed and it never returns.
I told a Bears fan that if the Bears were smart they would have signed a good vet to mentor Williams and be there to play in case he struggles. Of course being a Bumbling Bears fan he said why waste the money on a good vet. It's up to the coaches to teach Williams not a vet and that a vet should not play because Williams needs to learn on the job and make mistakes to get better. I asked him when the last time the Bears coaches ever developed a QB and brought up points on other QBs starting as rookies and failing and good ones who sat at least a year (Favre, Rodgers, Mahomes). He pretty much then just said I am a Packer fan and know nothing.

I told a Bears fan that if the Bears were smart they would have signed a good vet to mentor Williams and be there to play in case he struggles. Of course being a Bumbling Bears fan he said why waste the money on a good vet. It's up to the coaches to teach Williams not a vet and that a vet should not play because Williams needs to learn on the job and make mistakes to get better. I asked him when the last time the Bears coaches ever developed a QB and brought up points on other QBs starting as rookies and failing and good ones who sat at least a year (Favre, Rodgers, Mahomes). He pretty much then just said I am a Packer fan and know nothing.
Had the same discussion

National media has already anointed Caleb as a top 10 NFL QB, above Jordan Love. We'll see!
The media love a story. Most of them probably never even watched him play last season, it's all based on the hype around him. CJ Stroud is the first true rookie in a few years to have actually jumped in from the start and had a "top 10" season. Not saying it won't happen, it's just unlikely in year 1 because Caleb didn't play against the same level of talent at USC that CJ did, to prepare him for the NFL.

"throwing them to the wolves" only works for a small % of NFL rookie QB's. This whole "learn on the job and make mistakes" - I think they really believe he's going to step in and roll up 5000 yards because the media loves him.

The media love a story. Most of them probably never even watched him play last season, it's all based on the hype around him. CJ Stroud is the first true rookie in a few years to have actually jumped in from the start and had a "top 10" season. Not saying it won't happen, it's just unlikely in year 1 because Caleb didn't play against the same level of talent at USC that CJ did, to prepare him for the NFL.
I find it fascinating that the Bears org has gotten ZERO flack for the fact that they passed on Stroud. I know the haul was good for the first overall pick but Stroud is the generational QB that they're hoping Caleb Williams is. If Williams works out then it doesn't matter, but if he doesn't....

I find it fascinating that the Bears org has gotten ZERO flack for the fact that they passed on Stroud. I know the haul was good for the first overall pick but Stroud is the generational QB that they're hoping Caleb Williams is. If Williams works out then it doesn't matter, but if he doesn't....
the difference is, for the most part Stroud showed up for big games at the end of the college season. I don't think you can say the same thing about Williams (but I've heard a lot of excuses around his lack of performance). And I've said it before, couple his lack of big game performance, with all the attitude he has . . . I think Caleb Williams is going to be a bust. And it couldn't happen to a better team.

Former Las Vegas Raiders Henry Ruggs III working at Nevada Governor’s Mansion while incarceratedRuggs is serving 36 to 120 months in prison after pleading guilty to one count of driving under the influence of alcohol and/or controlled or prohibited substance resulting in death

This is a joke. Gets a cushy job that he does not have to be in jaul during the day and likely being in the governor's mansion will likely make him friends so he will be out on parole first chance he gets. Being drunk and killing a women and her dog gets him a slap on the wrist.

Women have done me wrong enough that doesn't bother me.

But, the dog? He deserves a big gentle boyfriend for a long time

Former Las Vegas Raiders Henry Ruggs III working at Nevada Governor’s Mansion while incarceratedRuggs is serving 36 to 120 months in prison after pleading guilty to one count of driving under the influence of alcohol and/or controlled or prohibited substance resulting in death

This is a joke. Gets a cushy job that he does not have to be in jaul during the day and likely being in the governor's mansion will likely make him friends so he will be out on parole first chance he gets. Being drunk and killing a women and her dog gets him a slap on the wrist.
This isn't something new. It happens all the time.

Back