2024 NFL Season Thread

That’s all true but comp is still very small I think. GB got a first and second for Adams who said he would only play for one team, and Vegas had to pay him top of market. Then GB got two seconds and a first round swap for Rodgers after all that drama when there was only one team interested and all the cap leverage he had over GB.

Sneed is a young, proven, man corner. I know he needs to get paid but still, a third is low. Like, Detroit wouldn’t give them that, or a second?

That’s all true but comp is still very small I think. GB got a first and second for Adams who said he would only play for one team, and Vegas had to pay him top of market. Then GB got two seconds and a first round swap for Rodgers after all that drama when there was only one team interested and all the cap leverage he had over GB.

Sneed is a young, proven, man corner. I know he needs to get paid but still, a third is low. Like, Detroit wouldn’t give them that, or a second?
unless there are issues we know nothing about.....

WR and QB are considered impact spots. I think teams will overpay for those spots. Sneed is going to become the highest paid CB on market but no team was going to give up a lot of assets for the guy. The 7th rounder swap is pretty much throw away in this trade and the 3rd rounder is what they would have got as a comp pick. Just gets them a higher pick inthe 3rd. It pretty much equals out to be a extra 4th round pick in points getting a early to mid 3rd pick over a late 3rd round pick.

Though I never thought Sneed was going to get what all the KC and talking heads on the radio thought which was 2 1st or a 1st and 2nd. I thought they might get a 2nd. Teams value draft picks to much to usually give up high ones for anything outside a QB anymore.

The Packers got a 3rd for freaking Rasul Douglas, something is off here. KC owner is either being cheap, they have something else planned for the cap space/money, or something is up with the player.

The Packers got a 3rd for freaking Rasul Douglas, something is off here. KC owner is either being cheap, they have something else planned for the cap space/money, or something is up with the player.
May just be he wanted out, they need space, and that's where he wanted to go.

I'll go with the latter as the issue with a bit of cap involved.

It's very possible they want to sign another FA. Sneed I think had a FT of around $20 million that's a lot of cap space to tie up

Back