Aaron Rodgers, the Packers and the long succession: ‘Just tell the truth, you wanted to move on’

That's an unfortunate injury that probably doesn't happen if it's on grass. I hope it's not what they say it is because at 40 that's a really hard injury to rehab through etc. The reality is if it is he will never be the same player either.

Bad juju all the way around, I wish him gods speed in healing both physically and mentally.

Adam Schefter

·
Jets’ HC Robert Saleh told reporters that he believes Aaron Rodgers suffered an Achilles injury and “it’s not good.”

GB likely slides back maybe about half a round from late 1st round pick to a early to mid 2nd round pick. I still glady take that for a guy who was never going to come back to GB. Getting 2 2nd round picks and a 1st round swap is a huge win. GB got Van Ness who the likely don't get at 15 and Musgrave and a player TBA. Packer fans got a Super Bowl win and to watch a HOF career out of Rodgers. It sucks his career possibly ends this way is the sad thing.

It’s as many here predicted, he got on in years and we saw last year the broken hand and broken ribs, this year he goes to camp and strains the calf and then his foot got caught in that horrible Metlife turf and ruptured his achilles. It’s all more likely to happen as players get older, in fact I think it’s normal. Would be horrible for this to be the way he goes out but many great players have gone out with a whimper and not a bang, the longer you play the less control you have over that.

I don’t know what he’ll want to do, if he was as close to retirement as he said he was last offseason then will he want to go through the full grind of a year long rehab?

Looking at his contract it seems if Rodgers were to retire the Jets could get back $63 million in SB/Roster Bonus money. Walk away after one year paying him just under $9 million for the 2023 season.

I feel bad for Rodgers. He's no different than anyone else, no matter what your walk of life, who suddenly finds themselves in a position where everything you've done since you were a little kid, is now coming to an end, before you want it to, because of an injury, or illness. It's not fair for it to happen, and I wish my best for Rodgers, and his future, whether it's in trying to make a comeback from this devastating injury, or in his new pursuits. He deserves that, like every other human being.

Rodgers was never my favorite person, but I enjoyed the way he played QB for the Packers for all these years. There was always something about his personality that told me he thought of himself a little too highly, and being a little too much better than anyone else, including his own family. These are not traits I admire in a person. A humble, honest, and priority driven person gets a lot more of my respect than anyone like him. That includes the every day people who are in police work, firefighters, emergency rescue workers in ambulances, etc. It also includes soldiers, airmen, and seamen (and women of course), that protect our shores. Also, those in jobs that are underpaid, yet do so much, for so many, and those who spend their lives working to make the lives of others better, through their charitable work.

But, above all. Nobody should feel any joy over what happened to Aaron. It was not Karma. It was an injury that may well have destroyed a man's life, because it stole from him the one thing that made him happy. The ability to play the game that he started out playing when he was a child.

No matter what. I'll always cheer for Aaron Rodgers. Now is the time to be his fan, more than ever, in hopes he can regain his life, and move on a better person.

Just my opinion. There's too damned much hatred in the world today. I can't, and won't be part of it.

So what happens if you are the Jets and the lightbulb finally goes on for Wilson in year 3? Are you then in the mess GB was with Rodgers with a young QB you are ready to move on with and Rodgers saying hey I am your starter and you can't afford to cut me.

Supposedly he’s not going to retire, so there’s that.

Back