Aaron Rodgers, the Packers and the long succession: ‘Just tell the truth, you wanted to move on’

So what happens if you are the Jets and the lightbulb finally goes on for Wilson in year 3? Are you then in the mess GB was with Rodgers with a young QB you are ready to move on with and Rodgers saying hey I am your starter and you can't afford to cut me.
If the lightbulb goes on and Wilson has a great year no way do you go back to a 40-year-old QB coming off a torn achilles injury. The Jets won't be afraid to cut him. They have a really really rich owner, this isn't GB with a board that needs to watch cash flow.

If the lightbulb goes on and Wilson has a great year no way do you go back to a 40-year-old QB coming off a torn achilles injury. The Jets won't be afraid to cut him. They have a really really rich owner, this isn't GB with a board that needs to watch cash flow.
Thing is cutting him is a cap killer move like over 60 million dead cap.

yes and no rehabbing to walk is one thing rehabbing to play NFL FB is an entirely different animal.
Very grueling rehab and God forbid any setbacks, etc. We've seen what can happen in the instance of Bakh and so many others...I truly wish Rodgers the best and would never wish this on any player. It's gonna be a long haul to get NFL ready again.

Very grueling rehab and God forbid any setbacks, etc. We've seen what can happen in the instance of Bakh and so many others...I truly wish Rodgers the best and would never wish this on any player. It's gonna be a long haul to get NFL ready again.
The good news is that most professional athletes are used to daily workouts. I never really heard much about AR's workouts, but I'm sure he does something. I mean, we heard every year about how TB12 used diet and exercise to extend his career - but we never hear much about AR.

The good news is that most professional athletes are used to daily workouts. I never really heard much about AR's workouts, but I'm sure he does something. I mean, we heard every year about how TB12 used diet and exercise to extend his career - but we never hear much about AR.
He does not eat cheese LOL

Yes, the good thing is these guys are usually in great shape and the surrounding structures are usually in good shape too. A lot different from us weekend warriors where the muscles and ligaments may be a bit atrophied from non use, so he definitely has a recovery advantage, but at that age and that injury, it's gonna be interesting to see if he can get back to an acceptable level of movement. I sure hope he recovers as that's a helluva way to end a career.

He may not retire but we all know he's going to play the I need to take some time after the season game that he always does.

He may not retire but we all know he's going to play the I need to take some time after the season game that he always does.

nah. i think he feels welcome in new york. the coaches value his opinions. the management is willing to get him te weapons he needs. the fans don't make fun of his new age experiences. the media is not constantly trying to drive a wedge between him and the fans, his teammates, his coaches, management. it's a completely different vibe and i think he feels more comfortable there.

Back