Bill Belichick, Mike McCarthy head dream coaching staff

Seattle fans will lose minds that Pete Carroll is not on that list.

if you want your offense to be the kind of team that builds up a lead and then goes into ultra-conservative mode and tries to run out the clock three plays per possession - without ever scoring again, mccarthy is your guy.

if you want your offense to be the kind of team that builds up a lead and then goes into ultra-conservative mode and tries to run out the clock three plays per possession - without ever scoring again, mccarthy is your guy.
True enough. If only he had learned to keep the pedal to the metal, learned how to put teams away.

True enough. If only he had learned to keep the pedal to the metal, learned how to put teams away.

yep. i'd really like to know which former nfc defensive coordinators describe mccarthy as a "stone-cold killer". did they say it sarcastically?

yep. i'd really like to know which former nfc defensive coordinators describe mccarthy as a "stone-cold killer". did they say it sarcastically?
I don't think I will ever forgive him for the way that 2014 NFC Championship game in Seattle unfolded. No team went in to Seattle all season long did what the Packers did that night. Up 16-0 at the half.....and they actually led 19-7 with 4 minutes remaining. Seattle's offense had been ineffective all game until our worse nightmare came true. Just as you described, it was go in to ultra-conservite mode one possession after another. csr(

Last edited:
It would be nice if we had a defense that could make that critical stand. Until they prove they can, MM has to keep the pedal on in the 4th qtr into the two minute warning, until we're up three scores, not two.

I'll play Devils advocate on the Seattle game. Rodgers was limited due to injury and he was not sharp. 18-34 178 yds 2 int 1 TD. The offense really did not move the ball much. We got the lead on turnovers. But Lacy and Starks ran for over 110 combined. Your up 2 scores the clock is your friend. Rodgers throws a couple of incomplete passes clock stops, or throws a new int

If he throws an Int or clock stops we would all bitch about poor clock management.

Rodgers was limited due to injury and he was not sharp. 18-34 178 yds 2 int 1 TD. The offense really did not move the ball much.

that couldn't possibly have been due to the fact that we were playing against one of the best - if not the best - defenses in the league (in 2014) could it? i'm not so sure that those are really bad stats when you consider the fact that rodgers threw only four passes in the entire fourth quarter - until the final 1:19 when we suddenly needed to score because we gave up 15 unanswered points in less than 150 seconds. if rodgers had been throwing for the whole game, he would have had at least 250 yards.

when the packers were up 19-7 and burnett intercepted a pass at midfield, that was the time to go for the stone-cold kill shot. momentum was on our side and a td would have put the game out of reach. instead, we did this:

Seattle Seahawks at 5:13
(5:13) (Shotgun) R.Wilson pass short middle intended for J.Kearse INTERCEPTED by M.Burnett at GB 39. M.Burnett to GB 43 for 4 yards.
Went down on his own. (bh()

Green Bay Packers at 5:04
1-10-GB 43 (5:04) (Shotgun) E.Lacy left tackle to GB 39 for -4 yards (K.Williams).
Timeout #1 by SEA at 04:57.
2-14-GB 39 (4:57) (Shotgun) E.Lacy left tackle to GB 37 for -2 yards (M.Bennett).
Timeout #2 by SEA at 04:50.
3-16-GB 37 (4:50) (Shotgun) E.Lacy up the middle to GB 39 for 2 yards (B.Wagner; M.Bennett).
4-14-GB 39 (4:00) T.Masthay punts 30 yards to SEA 31, Center-B.Goode, out of bounds.

Back