Browns Release Karlos Dansby

oakleaf

Reaction score
Browns release Karlos Dansby. Dansby is 34. This would be another Julius Peppers-like signing since Dansby seems to have something left in the tank. Dansby says, "This is an opportunity to go play for a Super Bowl contender", so who knows?

Why not do both. He has great numbers and if he has the will he would be a good stop gap. No guarantees in the draft and we are hoping Barrington and Ryan are good enough. I don't think he'd cost that much at this point. Not anywhere near Peppers numbers.

If the price was right I'd say give it a shot.

Cleveland only saved about $3m releasing him. Let eme repeat Cleveland. Very telling

Telling of what. Bad locker room guy? Not good enough? He had more tackles last year than any Packer player. He had more forced fumbles last year than AJ Hawk had in his career. He had 3 INTs last year more than all our ILBs last year combined and as many as anyone on the team. Not saying he'd duplicate that but it sounds pretty good on paper.

They are saving 3.5 million with 3 million dead money. The Browns signed Demario Davis to replace him. Remember the Browns aren't the smartest organization in the NFL

Telling of what. Bad locker room guy? Not good enough? He had more tackles last year than any Packer player. He had more forced fumbles last year than AJ Hawk had in his career. He had 3 INTs last year more than all our ILBs last year combined and as many as anyone on the team. Not saying he'd duplicate that but it sounds pretty good on paper.

Agree, it does look pretty good. He would be worth looking into and possibly signing if the price is right. The fact Cleveland released him and saved only $3M means nothing. Havent heard or seen anything negative about Dansby. They can still draft a ILB and give him a shot to learn for a year.

Agree, it does look pretty good. He would be worth looking into and possibly signing if the price is right. The fact Cleveland released him and saved only $3M means nothing. Havent heard or seen anything negative about Dansby. They can still draft a ILB and give him a shot to learn for a year.
When you have $22m in cap space it's not a salary dump. You don't cut talent to save $3m not with that cap space. New staff. New gm something they saw was not good. Oh he will be 35 in November.

Last edited:
35 yr old any position in the NFL is old. Eye he made a lot of tackles by attrition since his D line mostly sucked. He can not cover in the pass game and would be a liability on screens etc. Caught me in the No Thank you crowd. tc(

CLE is blowing up their core which is the right thing to do for a that franchise. I wouldnt look too much into anyone being released by them, they need new faces.

Personally I think he's worth a look. Of course we want to get younger and better there but we don't have bodies there, let alone depth. Sign someone and draft too.

Back