Davante Traded!?

I think you need some kind of reliable vet. Right now you have Cobb and Lazard. Cobb is on team only because of 12 and Lazard is maybe a 3 or 4.

Call it like it is, this is the worst that WR group has been since 2005. They've had an exceptional 17 year run but it all comes crashing down eventually. That year they had one reliable vet in Donald Driver, they went on to trade Javon Walker after the season and used some of the draft capital to draft Greg Jennings and start the positional rebuild. I see something similar happening this year, at least one high end pick at the position, maybe two, along with more bodies later in the draft.

Depends on point of view. If you think GB is still SB competitive then you a vet makes sense. However if you're like me and don't see this team as a realistic SB contender then save the $$ and look ahead a few years.
Then you also trade Aaron.

Then you also trade Aaron.
I still think Aaron was not traded and given what he wanted was because Murphy is a coward who did not want a repeat of what happened with Favre so gave in to keep a happy fan base. Rodgers might lead this team to the playoffs but big deal it's still not a SB team IMO.

How bad is WR's in FA out there this is what's left on CBS top 100

OBJ
MVS
Cordarrelle Patterson
AJ Green

Outstanding move by the Packers FO IMO:
  1. Restructure Rodgers for a more 2022 cap-friendly deal;
  2. Slap a non-exclusive franchise tag on Adams. This allows Adams to seek out offers from other teams with the tag condition that the new team (Raiders in this case) owes two 1st round draft picks to the original team (Packers), and that the original team can match the offer (Adams stays with Packers) or decline (Adams goes with Raiders and Packers get two first round picks from Raiders for Adams.);
  3. Restructure player contracts and let go of players as appropriate to get under max team salary by 3/16/2022;
  4. The Packers now have the option of matching the offer from the new team. In this case the Packers used the franchise tag so that they could trade him. If they let him become an unrestricted free agent Packers would not have been able to get anything for him. I doubt the Raiders were willing to give up two first-round picks for him under the non-exclusive franchise tag scenario but presented an offer instead to Adams and Packers. So the Packers outright traded him. Also apparently the Packers more than matched the Raiders offer which would have forced Adams to stay under the non-franchise tag and an unhappy Adams would still be with the Packers for another year, if the front office so chose. But I think this was done to show Adams, "Hey, if you want to stay, we still want you." So I believe this was an outstanding move by the Packers in this situation. I also believe that all interested parties were well aware of this happening.
Wow. Outstanding summation Shipmate!

Back