Is Mark Cuban's 'hogs get slaughtered' comment about NFL becoming true?

I think the players are torn on Thursday night games. Yes they play on a short 4 day prep week but then they have 10 days before the next game. I've heard some players refer to it as a mini bye week.

rpiotr01 said;

I liked when Thursday games were reserved for Thanksgiving afternoon. Even on Thanksgiving that late game is a killer.
------------------------------------------------------------

I liked it too. It was special. I remember when it was the Packers at the Lions. Everyone looked forward to it, before there were Packer games broadcast every week. We'd knock off deer hunting early on Thanksgiving Day to eat, and watch the game. It was a family affair.

The Packers and Lions were door mats in those days, so a win on Turkey Day was the equivalent of a Lombardi Trophy.

I don't like it when something that special becomes so pedestrian. It takes a little bit of the love out of the game. I also am totally ticked that the Cowboys felt they had the right to play on that day as well. It doesn't belong to them. It belongs to the Lions, nobody else. The history of the game is more important than Jerry Jones pocket book!​

A victory against North division teams is sweet, but nothing compares to beating Jones' cowboys. Oh yes!

Back