Meet New Wisconsin FB Coach Luke Fickell

Interesting that Fickell isn't bringing along his Cincinnati guys from the offensive side of the ball. Maybe those guys are wedded to Cincinnati and are hoping to catch on as part of the new coaching staff there. I know Gino G. the OC used to play QB for the Bearcats. Maybe Fickell is looking to do other/bigger/better things on offense.

This will sure as hell sounds like it's gonna be a big change from what we've seem for most of the past 30+ years.

Interesting that Fickell isn't bringing along his Cincinnati guys from the offensive side of the ball. Maybe those guys are wedded to Cincinnati and are hoping to catch on as part of the new coaching staff there. I know Gino G. the OC used to play QB for the Bearcats. Maybe Fickell is looking to do other/bigger/better things on offense.

This will sure as hell sounds like it's gonna be a big change from what we've seem for most of the past 30+ years.
It is a completely different system and approach all the way around. Welcome to 2023 WI sports fans....

I thought it was being rumored Gino was coming to UW a couple days ago?

If Badger fans aren't excited about where this offense is going, they will be. It's not going to cost us a run game. It's going to add a passing game. It's not going to stop being able to get good RBs. It's going to improve the possibility of getting QBs, and WRs, who see Wisconsin as a stepping stone to the NFL.

It's also going to change the dynamics of what the opposition sees across from them, in Badger uniforms, enough to make them a potentially better scoring team than they are. The passing dimension added will be a catalyst.

I'm going to wait and see how the defense is going to be effected with the changes, but I have a good feeling it won't be anything that will hurt them.

Next year is going to be interesting.

Back