Meet New Wisconsin FB Coach Luke Fickell

I think CM came down to look at it will anything change under JL or will it just be more of the same type of kids that UW has recurited for the last 30 years and get the same results 8-9 win seasons with the goal of a rose bowl game. CM has taken a big gamble were he will go all in and try to change the culture of a program that's been stuck in the same culture for over 30 years. Now does Fickell change the culture and find success is the 20K question.

I think CM came down to look at it will anything change under JL or will it just be more of the same type of kids that UW has recurited for the last 30 years and get the same results 8-9 win seasons with the goal of a rose bowl game. CM has taken a big gamble were he will go all in and try to change the culture of a program that's been stuck in the same culture for over 30 years. Now does Fickell change the culture and find success is the 20K question.
It’s the $6m dollar question. And honestly what will the boosters / fans / donors / season ticket holders view as success. PC like him or not had 2 ten win seasons, 1 @ 11 wins and 1 @ 13 wins and 1 9-4 season. Fit in one 8-5 season is what you got. Now did the program need some new voices yes. It got stale. But it won and went to 3 NY6 games. Maybe they will be content with more 9 or 10 win seasons. The problem was / is that expectations after the 2017 season became unrealistic as the standard. Even the 2019 Rose Bowl many considered it a lost season after the Illinois loss. But also Wisconsin sports fans are a spoiled lot. Loyal as hell but spoiled.

Bottom line it’s a results business, it’s not the NCAA from back in the BCS days. And the B1G will get much tougher in 2 years, and yes Alabama is on the schedule soon for 2 years. I’m cautiously optimistic.

It’s the $6m dollar question. And honestly what will the boosters / fans / donors / season ticket holders view as success. PC like him or not had 2 ten win seasons, 1 @ 11 wins and 1 @ 13 wins and 1 9-4 season. Fit in one 8-5 season is what you got. Now did the program need some new voices yes. It got stale. But it won and went to 3 NY6 games. Maybe they will be content with more 9 or 10 win seasons. The problem was / is that expectations after the 2017 season became unrealistic as the standard. Even the 2019 Rose Bowl many considered it a lost season after the Illinois loss. But also Wisconsin sports fans are a spoiled lot. Loyal as hell but spoiled.

Bottom line it’s a results business, it’s not the NCAA from back in the BCS days. And the B1G will get much tougher in 2 years, and yes Alabama is on the schedule soon for 2 years. I’m cautiously optimistic.
We already know that Chryst did not know how to manage recruiting. He was failing miserably at it, which was obvious from several leaked stories, and Khalil's comments. When questioned about it, by those above him, he pretty much told them to kiss off. What makes me believe that was his attitude about everything, and that things were not being handled in his office the way they should be?

The win/lost records didn't play as much into his firing as his lack of running the program effectively.

We already know that Chryst did not know how to manage recruiting. He was failing miserably at it, which was obvious from several leaked stories, and Khalil's comments. When questioned about it, by those above him, he pretty much told them to kiss off. What makes me believe that was his attitude about everything, and that things were not being handled in his office the way they should be?

The win/lost records didn't play as much into his firing as his lack of running the program effectively.
Well the 2021 class was ranked 16th nationally and the rest of his classes sans 2023 were in the 40’s range. The problem was in multiple areas post Khalil. One they lost 2 key recruiting assistants and to be fair PC did a poor job in filing those slots which starts with Haering. Also 2 staff spots internally for recruiting were part of Covid cuts and to this day they are not filled. The vast majority of Khalil's comments were about resources and staff which we have beaten multiple dead horses about. Now to be fair and balanced, he also attempted to change the recruiting strategy which is on PC.

I don’t think it was one issue that led to PC’s dismissal. That’s based on comments directly from McIntosh. One probably revolves around player development and that’s a fair criticism

My point is the program was a success from a wins and losses perspective except for 2022. I was just asking a legit question, what are the expectations moving forward and there are many in the rank and file that only care about wins / losses and bowl perks. Bottom line is a results based business.

Nice presser, the buzz around campus is that Coach spent another few hours alone with the players and let them download on him, apparently Herbie and a few of the others buried the axe with him today.
I can see Jimmy taking the offer to stay, he truly loves UW and it would keep him home. This could end up a win/win for Mac.

Back