NIL - Texas style

States will collect taxes against them if it's on the books. Athletes won't get a special deal. There would be outrage beyond belief if a kid on a scholarship for academics had to pay taxes on his scholarship, and an athlete got a pass for catching a football.

You don't think more states will find ways to make NIL deals tax free lets be real here as you say follow the money they will make it so there schools in state can compete with others for best NIL deals
No. Because tax free (state income tax ) would have to be all inclusive and if they made NIL deals an exception it’s almost a lock to be called unconstitutional.

I think Addison will be able to afford paying the taxes on his roughly $3.5 mill per year NIL deals on the table.

I think Addison will be able to afford paying the taxes on his roughly $3.5 mill per year NIL deals on the table.
Sure he will. The California state tax will be a bit more than Texas or Florida.

Roughly a 13% state income tax in California. Across the board, it costs nearly 21% more to live in California than Florida.

We're getting a lot of Californians moving into the Austin area. Mainly techie types. They're seeing their incomes taking a nice jump.

I can see states change NIL income tax rules for "students"

Roughly a 13% state income tax in California. Across the board, it costs nearly 21% more to live in California than Florida.

We're getting a lot of Californians moving into the Austin area. Mainly techie types. They're seeing their incomes taking a nice jump.
Austin area is exploding. My son just sold his house for 2.5 times what he paid up near Leander. It was a tech guy out of Cali. His whole neighborhood is that way. Selling like hotcakes.

Austin area is exploding. My son just sold his house for 2.5 times what he paid up near Leander. It was a tech guy out of Cali. His whole neighborhood is that way. Selling like hotcakes.
Florida is basically the same. In Miami it’s a cash buy market it’s insanely expensive, same with the west coast

Back