NIL - Texas style

Personally I don’t see it as some issue. Kids have been getting paid for decades. The other thing is the portal has not been kind to 99% of the kids entering. I think the list was 1,400 or so at last count.

Kids know what programs get exposure. They won’t dog it know the shot at the NFL is down the road. Scouts will notice. I’m not naive enough to know there will be some jealousy but wide spread no
It's out of hand now it's open bribe money now its tax free in many stats for NIL might as well pay every play 100K why not it's no big deal right?

It's out of hand now it's open bribe money now its tax free in many stats for NIL might as well pay every play 100K why not it's no big deal right?
It’s not tax free federally. And no it’s not a big deal. But if you want the Bobby Lowder days when kids got ATM cards carte Blanche fine. And not every kid is getting $100k

It’s tax free in Alaska, Florida, Nevada, New Hampshire, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Washington and Wyoming.

When UConn football and Wyoming and UNLV become powers wake me up.

Only tax free at state level, not at Fed level. It can be constituted as income. That being true, the biggest issue will become whether or not the scholarships themselves, including all that paid by schools, will be reconsidered as income with the restrictions applied at a federal level, for all educational costs?

It’s not tax free federally. And no it’s not a big deal. But if you want the Bobby Lowder days when kids got ATM cards carte Blanche fine. And not every kid is getting $100k
Yeah and don't worry federall it will be played out to figure a way these kids don't pay a dime. We get it you are fine for pay for play

If not pay for play. That’s performance based. This is using NIL just like Johnny Davis gets from Taco Bell
Please paying kids to come to a school using NIL is pay for play don't pretend it's not

It’s tax free in Alaska, Florida, Nevada, New Hampshire, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Washington and Wyoming.

When UConn football and Wyoming and UNLV become powers wake me up.
You don't think more states will find ways to make NIL deals tax free lets be real here as you say follow the money they will make it so there schools in state can compete with others for best NIL deals

Only tax free at state level, not at Fed level. It can be constituted as income. That being true, the biggest issue will become whether or not the scholarships themselves, including all that paid by schools, will be reconsidered as income with the restrictions applied at a federal level, for all educational costs?
I don't think they will do that because that will be a strike against kids wanting to go to that school if that state forces a tax on them.

Back