Official Green Bay vs Chicago Thread

Fields talking trash saying he expects Lambeau to be loud because Packers fans have nothing else to do but watch football. Maybe he should not talk trash until he actually beats GB.

Supposedly Jaire is ready to go for this weekend and Watson is back at practice.

He's right. Not enough snow for snowmobiling, and ice fishing ain't what it used to be. All that's left are the Friday fish fry, bowling night, curling night, a night at the bar with the boys talking about the buck that got a way, and on Sunday morning, sharing a burger with the wife and kids, because it's their turn, before the game starts.

When those things aren't going on, you need a fridge full of Miller's, Leinies, or Point beer, about a half dozen bags of beer nuts, and the big screen TV where you can watch the Bucks and Badgers do their thing.

Hey! I don't make these rules. I just report them!

He's right. Not enough snow for snowmobiling, and ice fishing ain't what it used to be. All that's left are the Friday fish fry, bowling night, curling night, a night at the bar with the boys talking about the buck that got a way, and on Sunday morning, sharing a burger with the wife and kids, because it's their turn, before the game starts.

When those things aren't going on, you need a fridge full of Miller's, Leinies, or Point beer, about a half dozen bags of beer nuts, and the big screen TV where you can watch the Bucks and Badgers do their thing.

Hey! I don't make these rules. I just report them!
Not much to do in GB like Fields said but still better then trying to avoid just being another crime victim in Chicago.

Not much to do in GB like Fields said but still better then trying to avoid just being another crime victim in Chicago.
There's a lot of good things about Chicago. You just need to know that certain areas are not where you want to be when the sun goes down, or with gaudy jewelry, or driving an expensive car.

The entertainment available is awesome.

I hope GB puts up not getting one PB as bulltion board material when the 3 other teams that did not get one are bottom 5 in the NFL this year. Use that to get fired up take it to the Bumbling Bears of Chicago.

PlayerPass YdsYds/AttAttCmpCmp %TDINTRate1st1st%20+40+LngSckSckY
10​
Jordan Love3843754734563.1301193.819535.65267729234
23​
Justin Fields24146.83542166116985.811331.94345839254

The fact that some of the media continue to refer to Justin Fields as a "superstar" is laughable (and yes, i saw an article this week that indeed called him a superstar). The only stat where Fields is better than Love is in INTs, but Love has actually thrown 55% more passes than Fields. And while Fields does run more, look at the sack/att ratios: Love is 29 sacks with 547 attempts (5.3%) while Fields is sacked 39 times with 354 attempts (11.0%) - Fields is sacked at TWICE the rate that Love is, and Love still has a higher completion %.

PlayerPass YdsYds/AttAttCmpCmp %TDINTRate1st1st%20+40+LngSckSckY
10​
Jordan Love3843754734563.1301193.819535.65267729234
23​
Justin Fields24146.83542166116985.811331.94345839254

The fact that some of the media continue to refer to Justin Fields as a "superstar" is laughable (and yes, i saw an article this week that indeed called him a superstar). The only stat where Fields is better than Love is in INTs, but Love has actually thrown 55% more passes than Fields. And while Fields does run more, look at the sack/att ratios: Love is 29 sacks with 547 attempts (5.3%) while Fields is sacked 39 times with 354 attempts (11.0%) - Fields is sacked at TWICE the rate that Love is, and Love still has a higher completion %.
The more than Bears front office and fans believe that Fields is a super star, the better it is for the Packers. If they are willing to delude themselves, that's on them. I have a friend, who recently move to the mountains of Colorado for retirement, who is an avid Bears fan. In fact, he worked for them in a capacity I can't divulge. But, let's just say that when they drafted Fields in the first round of 2021, he got sick to his stomach. He thought they'd totally wasted a first round pick, because they panicked because QBs went 1 through 3.

Since his position was such that he was pretty much safe from wholesale changes in management and coaching changes, he lived through it all, since the days of McMahon, and he found it incredible how the organization has bought into so many journeymen QBs as being the "next super star."

Back