Official Playoffs Game 2: Green Bay vs San Francisco Thread

It is lopsided on paper, but you play the game for a reason. Any given Sunday.

The Packers are hot; they are underdogs and have nothing to lose. Like the Cowboys, all the pressure is on the 49ers. We shouldn't be here.

The bye week gave the 49ers a chance to heal. And Purdy is the type of QB we typically struggle against. They have a good running game and McCaff is healthy now. But Purdy doesn't have much experience in the playoffs.. if he throws picks, we have a good chance (vs Bengals 2 INTs, Ravens 4INTs, Vikings 2INT, Browns 1 INT)

The bye week hasn't always been the Packer's friend though in the past. And some 49ers haven't played for 2 weeks. Maybe the 49ers come out a little cold and sluggish? Though Shanahanahan seems to always have his team ready for us.

But time for MLF to break that hold on us.

If the 49ers have some rust and don't dominate from the opening snap, this will be a tight game - however if the hit the ground dominating in the trenches it's going to be tough to keep the game within 10 points even if the Packer offense plays well.
Great summation. If they come out rusty, the Packers have to capitalize earlier because they will eventually recover. I want to see ML dip into the bag and throw some screens at them as well as that jet sweep action, setting up different action off of it.

San Fran/Santa Clara forecast looks like its going to be rainy/soggy Saturday evening for the game with a decent amount of wind....that could factor into how this game is played. A slower/soggy field may actually help neutralize the rest advantage the 49ers have going into this game - but it also will put a premium on winning in the trenches at the line of scrimmage, where the 49ers are better.

If this young team can avoid turning the ball over in wet weather conditions while forcing a turnover or two themselves and GB can still stretch the field in the passing game, they can absolutely win this game.

my physical therapist asked me who my team is today, and i told her the packers have been my team all my life. she said that they should have a chance to win because the 49ers have had an up and down season. she said if the packers get an early lead, they have a very good chance.

Beating 49ers would give Packers the NFL record for playoff wins

The Green Bay Packers tied the New England Patriots for the most postseason wins in NFL history when they beat the Dallas Cowboys in Saturday will be Green Bay’s 63rd playoff game, the third-most all-time.

Overall, the Packers are 37-25 in the playoffs, including an 11-11 mark in the divisional round. Green Bay has the third-best winning percentage in the playoffs at .597, trailing San Francisco (.610) and New England (.627).the wild-card round, and they’ll have a chance to set the record on Saturday against the San Francisco 49ers.

The Packers and Patriots each have 37 postseason victories. The 49ers rank third with 36. The Packers and 49ers will meet for a record 10th time in the postseason. The 49ers hold a 5-4 lead in the series thanks to four straight wins.

BB material: The 49ers have won six straight games in the divisional round

Of all my years watching GBP football, this year sure feels different not having any pressure. We have a bright future ahead win loose or draw

Back