Packers 2023-24 Season Thread

GB path to the playoffs

GB must win out and the Vikings need to lose 1 of 2 games to the Lions.

I actually hope they do lose out the rest of the way at this point. Increase draft stock. We need help, not a couple of meaningless wins at this point. I'll be watching to see which players deserve to stay, nothing else.

Hope I’m wrong but I feel a players tank job coming on. In 2017 that D quit on Capers and then 2018 the whole team quit on McCarthy. Feels similar.

I agree this is how it could go but these last 3 games won't necessarily lead to a total failure next year. It can still be saved, but it has to be done correctly at the end of the season.

IMO, ML needs to send a clear message by declaring that Barry was not renewed because of performance issues. Then hire a DC that isn't a "buddy" hire and not a "Fangio" guy. Let the new guy have some say on position coaches, Kick a few underperforming players to the curb. Draft a S, CB, ILB and add a CB and S in free agency.

I agree this is how it could go but these last 3 games won't necessarily lead to a total failure next year. It can still be saved, but it has to be done correctly at the end of the season.

IMO, ML needs to send a clear message by declaring that Barry was not renewed because of performance issues. Then hire a DC that isn't a "buddy" hire and not a "Fangio" guy. Let the new guy have some say on position coaches, Kick a few underperforming players to the curb. Draft a S, CB, ILB and add a CB and S in free agency.
It’s starting already

Say what you want about him, he has been one of the biggest cheerleaders on the team. Threw full support behind Love last year. If you’re losing him then things are spiraling fast.

It’s starting already

Say what you want about him, he has been one of the biggest cheerleaders on the team. Threw full support behind Love last year. If you’re losing him then things are spiraling fast.

I have no doubt things could tank these last 3 games. I think that's likely no matter what they did with Barry this week, because I don't know if there is a voice on the coaching stall that could make a difference at this point. A change needed to be made earlier to avoid this chatter. The scheme and personnel won't change significantly in weeks 16 - 18.

I think it's ML's response after the season that is most important. Right now, I don't have complete faith in him doing what's truly needed as I think there's a decent chance he band-aids this thing by passively letting Barry go saying it was a mutual parting of the ways and then he goes out and hires another guy who runs the same scheme. If ML does that, he's toast next season.

That's the last thing we need right now. ML getting let go before the end of the 2025 season means the Murphy/Gutey team are in charge of getting the next head coach and I don't want that.

It’s starting already

Was Campbell the one who got the green dot taken away from him at half?

Jaires actions now this. This says to me Barry lost the defense and the locker room. They know his scheme is not putting them in a position to be successful.

Communication was bad but that may not be just on the players. If Barry was sending mixed signals or calling stuff the players know wouldn’t work that could explain some things as well.

Time to see what kind of leader ML is cause this is not good.

Was Campbell the one who got the green dot taken away from him at half?

Jaires actions now this. This says to me Barry lost the defense and the locker room. They know his scheme is not putting them in a position to be successful.

Communication was bad but that may not be just on the players. If Barry was sending mixed signals or calling stuff the players know wouldn’t work that could explain some things as well.

Time to see what kind of leader ML is cause this is not good.
Time for ML to step up. Let's see if it happens.

This locker room needed an infusion of new coaches a long time ago. The frustrations, by players, for being called out as "responsible for defeats," when they are doing their darnedest to play through injuries is beyond ignorant. I don't blame him for stepping up and speaking his mind.

Back