Packers 2023-24 Season Thread

This locker room needed an infusion of new coaches a long time ago. The frustrations, by players, for being called out as "responsible for defeats," when they are doing their darnedest to play through injuries is beyond ignorant. I don't blame him for stepping up and speaking his mind.
I agree.

It would be one thing if the defense was united behind Barry and they were all publicly committed to fixing the issue cause they believed in the def scheme. In that case no you don’t fire the DC. But that’s not the case here…

I agree.

It would be one thing if the defense was united behind Barry and they were all publicly committed to fixing the issue cause they believed in the def scheme. In that case no you don’t fire the DC. But that’s not the case here…
It’s strange because they kinda were sticking up for the coaches up until recently. This is a new sort of thing. I dont think ML blaming them over the DC went over well.

We have the same argument going in two threads, that's trolling boys and girls. Want Mark's size 10 in the butt for Christmas? No? Then get over it and stop whining and bitching about the same topic all over.

Nothing ticks me off more than that.

Remember a while back a discussion of having perhaps taken George Pickens over Watson. While Watson has had injury issues he at least seems to have been improving on giving his all in games.

While Pickens said this about just standing there on a run play for the Colts and refusing to run block.

“I was just trying to prevent the Tank Dell situation, the same thing that happened to (him). I ain't want to get an injury. When you stay on the block too long, you can get ran up on very easily.”

So because he was worried about getting hurt he did not even try. I will take any day a player who gives any kind of effort over a guy who quits on his team because he's worried about getting hurt.

Some folks here won't agree with this>>

A lot of blame to go around

Lot of blame to go around. It was absurd to see Eric Stokes playing a full game as a starter coming back from that injury. He's been out so long you forget the severity of that injury, plus the subsequent hamstring injury. Sometimes it takes players half a season of game play to get back into form, frankly ridiculous for coaches to to throw him out there and not expect him to look rusty.

Bigger picture though - to me, if you are a coach and you have one or two struggling players, then you have a player problem. If all of your players are struggling with the same thing in turns, then sorry but you have a coaching problem.

Didn't many of the players call out Berry's scheme mid last year?

They're probably not giving their all because they have no confidence in Berry.

Berry lost them last year, he should not have been brought back.

A huge housecleaning is in order. I hope for something Lombardi'esque like "those who aren't fired with enthusiasm will be fired with enthusiasm!"

But, I'm not going to get excited because I know it will be a milqtoast change

On the positive side, thought this was interesting:

Speaks to just how much of a big boy game Love is playing. There aren't training wheels here, ML hasn't being doing X,Y,Z to make his life easier. Love is looking for big plays and he's finding them. Considering the youth of the roster, injuries, up and down OL play, it's crazy impressive. This offense is desperate for a running game to finish off drives, gotta prioritize that in the off season.

On the positive side, thought this was interesting:

Speaks to just how much of a big boy game Love is playing. There aren't training wheels here, ML hasn't being doing X,Y,Z to make his life easier. Love is looking for big plays and he's finding them. Considering the youth of the roster, injuries, up and down OL play, it's crazy impressive. This offense is desperate for a running game to finish off drives, gotta prioritize that in the off season.

Love is definitely a bright spot for the Packers. I think he's shown a lot of poise out there. He makes mistakes, but he's still learning inside the game. I remember a previous QB we had who said every year you learn more. Your game evolves. Nothing but good signs at this point as to where Love is going with his.

On the one hand you can call it cherry picking, on the other you can say it's his first year and the light bulb came on. Clear though that he has grown and shown out the Wayne all wanted him to. Plenty to clean up in his game but since week 9 he has been more or less a top 10 QB with a lot of room still for improvement.

Back