Packers 2023-24 Season Thread

@diannaESPN
·
14m

I asked Jets owner Woody Johnson about the teams possible interest in Aaron Rodgers: “You want the best QB that you can get to lead the Jets... I can’t really talk about him, because he’s a member of another club, but everybody recognizes talent when they see it.”

Ok question do you still pick up year 5 if Rodgers won't be the QB in 2023 and figure if Love looks good you sign him to long term deal during season or use FT after season or if he struggles you move on to new QB.

Ok question do you still pick up year 5 if Rodgers won't be the QB in 2023 and figure if Love looks good you sign him to long term deal during season or use FT after season or if he struggles you move on to new QB.
No I think you sign him to a bridge sort of deal that gives him some money and security for 2 years, have escalators built in and if he’s good you extend him after

@AdamSchefter
·
4m

A resolution: Instead of being released, Aaron Jones will be staying in Green Bay this season after the Packers and his agents, Drew Rosenaus and Ryan Matha, reached agreement on an $11 million salary for the 2023 season that includes an $8.52 million signing bonus.

Not a surprise. All the CAP gurus have told us they needed to find CAP space no matter which way the AR domino falls. This was probably an easy first step. There'll likely be a few more of these in the coming weeks.

Back