Packers 2023-24 Season Thread

ML built his system around #12 I wonder how much of it is the true system ML would want to run if he could change it under #10.
He didn't build his system around #12? Where the hell do you get that from? His system was built long before he came to GB. The correct statement is he "adjusted" his system for 12 and allowed him to implement some of the old offense into the system because Murphy and Gute didn't have the balls to tell Aaron... it's his way or the highway. Kind of deja vu to the Sherman years in a way.

He didn't build his system around #12? Where the hell do you get that from? His system was built long before he came to GB. The correct statement is he "adjusted" his system for 12 and allowed him to implement some of the old offense into the system because Murphy and Gute didn't have the balls to tell Aaron... it's his way or the highway. Kind of deja vu to the Sherman years in a way.
Yes I meant to say his current system ML runs is built around #12 what he called in TN is different that what he likely would run if given the chance to with #10

Straight up I think AR is playing in GB next season, I would still not be shocked and surprised if he just walks away. I think the trade thing is the least likely. Just my opinion.

( GB very well could trade Love and draft a QB day 2 this year)

Going back to Aaron Jones contract, (and to get off AR for a minute), they have the numbers on the deal now. Looking at the contract numbers and listening to some podcast opinions over the past day, it basically seems like it was cheaper to re-do his deal than cut him.

His CAP his becomes problematic again next season, but by then, I believe AR will be off the books. Still, even then they could cut Jones post-June 1 2024 and save $12mil in CAP space. All of that combined with a pretty solid group of backs in this draft makes it likely they will draft a RB in the middle rounds this year to replace Jones, and by cutting Jones in '24 they'll be able to keep Dillon on a modest deal in '24.

I'm going to start looking harder at RB fits for rounds 3-5 of the upcoming draft.

Straight up I think AR is playing in GB next season, I would still not be shocked and surprised if he just walks away. I think the trade thing is the least likely. Just my opinion.

Trading Love though his value is low. Going into last year of his contract and has not yet really played At best you get a 4th round pick for him.

Trading Love though his value is low. Going into last year of his contract and has not yet really played At best you get a 4th round pick for him.
No, the league is talent deprived at QB you can get a 2nd or 3rd easy for him and maybe a player or lower pick. A team like Carolina or NO would do it no questions asked.

On Jones, it's not a bad move but risky. You're rolling the dice on a 28-year-old RB staying healthy. The ceiling is 30 tops most times. If they use him smart as they have should be okay...over work him and you get a guy on IR. tc(

Bringing Arod back and ditching Love would be a huge mistake IMO. Unless GB FO knows it needs to blow it all up and start over after mushroom man finally decides his chakra is out of tune enough to call it a career…

On Jones, it's not a bad move but risky. You're rolling the dice on a 28-year-old RB staying healthy. The ceiling is 30 tops most times. If they use him smart as they have should be okay...over work him and you get a guy on IR. tc(
Jones has never been used as a workhorse back spiltting time with Williams and Dillon in his career which I think has shown he still probably can give you another 2-3 good years out him still.

Back