Packers 2023-24 Season Thread

@itszacharyj
matt lafleur spoke highly of tom clements’ presence in the packers’ QB room just now. lafleur asked jordan love after the season how he felt about clements -- “he said he loved tom and thought he did a hell of a job helping him develop over the course of the year.”
what did he expect him to say..."the guy sucks" I mean at that point he wasn't sure if AR was coming back.

what did he expect him to say..."the guy sucks" I mean at that point he wasn't sure if AR was coming back.
Is it coincidence though that Love made all this in season progress with Clements as coach? Maybe the pairing works for him.

So Mark I saw post saying Georgia State tryout player Jamyest Williams has flashed at times in rookie camp. Have you seen him play at all being in Georgia? If you have what are your thoughts on him.

So Mark I saw post saying Georgia State tryout player Jamyest Williams has flashed at times in rookie camp. Have you seen him play at all being in Georgia? If you have what are your thoughts on him.
Sr year in HS>> No. 13 player in the state, the 12th-best athlete in the country and No. 159 overall player ... Ranked the ninth-best player in the state, the 12th-best cornerback in the country and No. 87 overall by 247Sports ... Rated the fourth-best player in Georgia, the third-best cornerback in the country and the No. 39 player overall by ESPN... Rated the fifth-best athlete in the country and No. 86 overall by Scout. Led Grayson to the 7A title his sr yr. Went to Carolina and got injured a lot which kind of hurt his collegiate career.

He's originally an Athens, GA kid so he's local.

Talent is there, worth a shot. I would put him on the PS squad for a year and let the training guys build him up this season.

Northwestern State defensive bacn William “Hoop” Hooper signs with #Packers after successful rookie minicamp tryout, according to one of his agencies
@OSMG_LLC

I believe GB is now at 89 of 90 spots filled

Is it coincidence though that Love made all this in season progress with Clements as coach? Maybe the pairing works for him.
He had nothing to do with it IMHO, Love's off-season coach and program both last off-season and this one put him over the top. 99.9% of it's the work you put in above and beyond the season that turns those guys...that and the fact that AR gave him all the reps in preseason games last year. Those reps made a big difference in his development and also in GB slow start..again IMHO.

Let's pump the breaks on Love before we start talking about how great he is. He has looked good in limited time, but the jury is still out. Everyone seems to think that he's a lock to be a great QB. I for one am unconvinced at this point.

Let's pump the breaks on Love before we start talking about how great he is. He has looked good in limited time, but the jury is still out. Everyone seems to think that he's a lock to be a great QB. I for one am unconvinced at this point.
True but that's who we got...there isn't some great back up QB waiting in the wings and the pool coming out of college the next two seasons is iffy at best. So all we can do is jump on the love boat and go with it.

I haven’t seen many people say he’ll be great. I’ve seen many, many people say he’ll play as well as or better than Rodgers did in 2022, which I do believe is true and is very realistic.

Back