Packers raiding Bears

dannobanano

Reaction score
packers have signed Kyle Fuller to an offer sheet. He was given transition tag by CHI.

This is a big roll of the dice. This either ends up upgrading the defense a **** ton or we're screwed cause I can't imagine quality corners will still be available in 5 days

This is a big roll of the dice. This either ends up upgrading the defense a **** ton or we're screwed cause I can't imagine quality corners will still be available in 5 days
Unless Gute really thinks he can get Fuller, I don't understand this move. It may be a poke in the eye to Chicago, but it also means that GB cannot offer another FA CB for the next five days. So it's basically either Fuller or you're looking at Tramon Williams, bottom of the barrel talent.

Unless Gute really thinks he can get Fuller, I don't understand this move. It may be a poke in the eye to Chicago, but it also means that GB cannot offer another FA CB for the next five days. So it's basically either Fuller or you're looking at Tramon Williams, bottom of the barrel talent.

Probably depends on how the Packers structured it. At the very least, we're making the Bears pay. Inflicting pain on a division rival is a good thing.
I really like the way Gutey works.

I am trying to figure this out from the packers perspective. Fuller was going to make $13m this year guaranteed under the tag. I can't imagine the Packers offering him much more per year? If not, then Fuller would only sign a sheet with the Packers if a significant portion of the remaining 4 years amount is guaranteed.

It will be interesting to see how much, but in any event, the Bears will surely match and really all this did was make them commit to someone they had a question mark about. What is in it for the Packers? ( outside of making the Bears commit to Fuller long term )

Bingo. This is just seems like a silly move by Gute. It makes headlines, but distracts from the fact that the Bears are going to match. They have plenty of CAP space so this won't hurt them, and the Packers still have not fixed their CB problem. Hopefully Gute isn't dumb enough to wait the whole 5 days for the Bears to decide. At this point there isn't much left and what is left will be gone in 5 days unless he really has decided to go with a couple of old guys and draft a couple.

I am trying to figure this out from the packers perspective. Fuller was going to make $13m this year guaranteed under the tag. I can't imagine the Packers offering him much more per year? If not, then Fuller would only sign a sheet with the Packers if a significant portion of the remaining 4 years amount is guaranteed.

It will be interesting to see how much, but in any event, the Bears will surely match and really all this did was make them commit to someone they had a question mark about. What is in it for the Packers? ( outside of making the Bears commit to Fuller long term )

Back in the days when the cap was slow growing and small this sort of thing was a win-win for the team making the offer: either you get the player you want, or the other team has to take on a potentially damaging contract. Nowadays that second part isn't a consideration because every team is flush with cap space and maneuverability. What's in it for the Packers? They're trying to get a good player who was exposed, even slightly, to the market. That's it.

Bears are matching per Ian Rapport

It’s a 4-year deal worth $56M. The key number is $18M guaranteed. Fuller already had $13M guaranteed from the translation tag. For $5M more guaranteed, they get him long-term

Back