Packers raiding Bears

Surprised the Bears matched so quickly. I'd have made the Packers sweat for a few days. On top of it, reports are that it's a pretty freindly deal so the Bears aren't hurt by it at all. In fact they got a bit of a bargain in terms of guaranteed money. Really makes me wonder what BG's plan was in doing this.

I believe his plan was let Packer nation know that he is going to be in on all transaction, thus being true to his word. We have a need for a vet CB and he attempted to sign one. Good move, he is being active this off season in an attempt to make the packers better.

Looking at FA CB's out there pretty thin. Only ones who you would at this point would sign to more than one year deals would be Gaines and Cockrell and also perhaps Breeland if you feel that his foot issue is a non-issue and he will be fine.

Outside of that a few guys you consider to bring in on 1 year deals would be House who knows the system, DRC who is starting to slow down but might have one more good year in him. Bryon Maxwell and Jermey Lane two players who have had lots of injury issues but can be decent if they could stay healthy. Also Tramon Williams. He is old at 35 but played decent for the Cardinals last year and has been in Pettine's D before.

So 8 players listed there who would you want?

Looking at FA CB's out there pretty thin. Only ones who you would at this point would sign to more than one year deals would be Gaines and Cockrell and also perhaps Breeland if you feel that his foot issue is a non-issue and he will be fine.

Outside of that a few guys you consider to bring in on 1 year deals would be House who knows the system, DRC who is starting to slow down but might have one more good year in him. Bryon Maxwell and Jermey Lane two players who have had lots of injury issues but can be decent if they could stay healthy. Also Tramon Williams. He is old at 35 but played decent for the Cardinals last year and has been in Pettine's D before.

House ............ because he'd be a cheap 1 yr deal

Plus.............draft 2 CB's this year.

I'd have Breeland's foot issue checked, then, if healthy enough, offer him a 2 year contract heavy incentives, and a chance to earn more the 2nd year. He could be a solid contributor if healthy.

Back