Perhaps Mr. Rodgers isn't declining afterall...

A.J Hawk is a classy guy, of course he was all positive about AR.
I have no idea why Cowherd has such a hard-on for our QB. Seems like he's just trolling Packer Nation for attention.

A.J Hawk is a classy guy, of course he was all positive about AR.
I have no idea why Cowherd has such a hard-on for our QB. Seems like he's just trolling Packer Nation for attention.
Problem is FS1. Ratings are horrible. They want hosts to be controversial

True sports journalism at the national network level is dead.. it' all about ratings and $$$... And like Pack said, they want controversy, it gets viewers and drives ratings. Doesn't matter if they are talking out their rear ends.

The best way to get these clowns off the air is to not watch.

Rodgers is a two-time NFL most valuable player, but he has two attention-seeking critics in the national media who continually question his leadership skills. After sharing a corner of the locker room with Rodgers for three years, Tolzien thinks Colin Cowherd and Skip Bayless, formerly at ESPN, now at Fox Sports 1, are so far off-base it’s comical.

“I laugh at that because I was around him every day and he’s a great leader and super competitive,” Tolzien said. “It’s personal, but I would like to meet the people who say that because I’m around it every day and it’s laughable. I’m in a meeting with him after practice with quarterbacks, receivers, tight ends and he’s coaching the room. In a lot of ways, and I don’t mean this in a bad way, he’s the best coach we’ve got because he’s the one on the field on Sundays and he runs the show. There’s a reason the Packers are what they are, because he makes it all go. He was a phenomenal leader and I learned a lot from him.”

http://host.madison.com/wsj/sports/...cle_dfafab2d-c39d-5f78-8d2a-c5a8fd5b51ce.html

sorry to dredge up this old thread, but i ran across this interview with vincent verhei of football outsiders, and thought this question and response were pretty interesting:

APC: So much of the talk this offseason has been about the return of Jordy Nelson leading to the return of the dominant Packers offense, but is it really that simple? Or are there signs that Aaron Rodgers’ struggles were as much his own doing as that of a battered receiving corps?

VV: On the contrary, most of our detailed stats and film study show that Rodgers was still very good last year, but his best efforts were wasted by the clown show going on around him. Randall Cobb and Davante Adams were both in the top ten wide receivers in drops, and Cobb, Adams, and Richard Rodgers were all among the league leaders in failed completions that should have been successful plays based on where the ball was caught (in plain English, they repeatedly struggled to make plays with the ball in their hands). Adams, in particular, has been a complete disaster, a very bad rookie who was then much worse as a sophomore, one of the worst starting players at any position on any team in the league. Meanwhile, Rodgers' offensive line failed him too, as he was pressured on 30 percent of his dropbacks, seventh-highest in the league. He had never finished higher than 20th in pressure rate since 2010. Between sacks, runs, and completed passes, the Packers ran 105 plays that lost yardage last year. Only four teams went backwards more often: the Browns, Vikings, Titans, and 49ers. And it's not as if Eddie Lacy or James Starks were the second coming of Jim Brown, either. As complete as Green Bay's collapse was by the end of the year, Rodgers has to bear some responsibility. But quarterback was still the strongest position on Green Bay's offense, and it wasn't particularly close.

Back