Perhaps Mr. Rodgers isn't declining afterall...

I don't know that anyone is saying he didn't have a bad year last year - by his standards.

In my case I was only referencing the "Super Bowl Wins" measuring stick. It's not a fair way to measure QBs. If Rodgers in his down year last year had QB'd the Broncos, the chances are pretty high they would still have won it all. That's not saying Rodgers did well, just that the team was so good all-around that even modest QB play would have been enough as evidenced by the very middling play they got at QB all year and still won a championship.

Time will tell if last year was a hiccup or a trend.

Oh take the damn ggg( off already, Rodgers played like crap last year. He doesn't need fanboys making excuses about whatever.

I told the lot of you he was off..he played off and months later you still want to make excuses ? Every player has off years and every player loses's skills with time with few exceptions.

Why is it so damn hard to admit that ? Why does every bloody blogger have to write a "feel good" article with diagrams to prop up Aaron ? sh))
He did play sub-par last season, there's no denying it. However, if he had no arms and no legs and was just a human torso he'd still be better than the vast majority of QB's in the NFL.

Oh take the damn ggg( off already, Rodgers played like crap last year.

if a 92.7 passer rating with 31 td passes vs 8 interceptions is playing like crap, then 85% of the pro qbs are playing worse than crap.

i don't think you can call it "making excuses" when you point out the fact that the packers were hit so hard with injuries that they were reduced to featuring their 4th and 5th receivers in a playoff game. and is it really making excuses when you point out the fact that the o-line allowed 46 sacks and rodgers was on the run so often that he had his highest rushing yards total since 2010? rodgers isn't performing in a vacuum. a good qb needs to have an adequate team around him.

i would agree that there were many times this season where rodgers did not seem to be as accurate as in years past, but i really have to wonder how much of the fault is his and how much was the subpar performance of his receivers. i also believe that rodgers did play through an injury in 2015 that might have impacted his throwing accuracy. many of us noticed the play where he seemed to get hurt, and he never quite seemed the same after that play.

i'm of the opinion that rodgers will be back to his elite numbers this season if his receivers are healthy and his line can go back to playing at a level where they allow two sacks or less per game.

[QUOTE="realitybytes, post: 15641, member: 21"]if a 92.7 passer rating with 31 td passes vs 8 interceptions is playing like crap, then 85% of the pro qbs are playing worse than crap.

i don't think you can call it "making excuses" when you point out the fact that the packers were hit so hard with injuries that they were reduced to featuring their 4th and 5th receivers in a playoff game. and is it really making excuses when you point out the fact that the o-line allowed 46 sacks and rodgers was on the run so often that he had his highest rushing yards total since 2010? rodgers isn't performing in a vacuum. a good qb needs to have an adequate team around him.

i would agree that there were many times this season where rodgers did not seem to be as accurate as in years past, but i really have to wonder how much of the fault is his and how much was the subpar performance of his receivers. i also believe that rodgers did play through an injury in 2015 that might have impacted his throwing accuracy. many of us noticed the play where he seemed to get hurt, and he never quite seemed the same after that play.

i'm of the opinion that rodgers will be back to his elite numbers this season if his receivers are healthy and his line can go back to playing at a level where they allow two sacks or less per game.[/QUOTE]

thumbsup

Have we become so spoiled with 20+ years of excellent QB play that when Rodgers plays like an above average QB some say he was terrible?

if a 92.7 passer rating with 31 td passes vs 8 interceptions is playing like crap, then 85% of the pro qbs are playing worse than crap.

i'm of the opinion that rodgers will be back to his elite numbers this season if his receivers are healthy and his line can go back to playing at a level where they allow two sacks or less per game.

You spent 3 paragraphs making my point... nothing is ever Aaron's fault. Aaron can do no wrong... Aaron is without error and should never be criticized. Guess what RB .. and I guess it's time here and now for my annual post for everyone.

OT>Everyone is fair game here at Wisconsinsportstalk.net... coach's and players. If they miss a WR high then they did. If our team played like crap we say it.. if they did well they are praised.

I don't like fluff pieces regardless of who puts them out and tend to not put them on our forum. A former member and mod here used to get livid because we didn't have enough "feel good" stories. That 's not my MO... I believe in my FB/BB/baseball and sports areas being super objective and X and O based. Why ? Because there are 3 other forums filled with ggg( fans who OOhh and AHHH over the packers. Many of you came from those places and were sick of the one sided opinions. We remain a site were you can love or hate a player/coach etc and that's fine.

Back on topic. Let's put on the pads and see some real action IE September before we come to any conclusions this season but I stand by what I saw. Aaron Rodgers whole game especially mentally was flawed last season.

Rodgers was all over the place last season. RB you are correct the OL was crap but the season before he slid left/right and made a throw, or even just threw it away and lived another day. But in 2015 Rodgers whole mind set was off. He took sacks and threw picks he never has before.

Mark is right in the sense that Packer fans tend to put players on a pedestal and if they leave they are traitors and if you discuss their flaws you are. It's rather odd for pro sports which are a business and ugly things happen in business. tc(

No one is saying Rodgers wasn't his normal stellar self but to say he was terrible or crap is hyperbole big time. How often did our WRs not find a way to get open and when they did they didn't make the catch. Some of Aaron's throws were off the mark but others were dropped. I'm going to chalk up last season as an aberration unless he looks like that this year. After we lost Jordy we were leaning on Adams to take up some of the slack and he was terrible and that isn't hyperbole in the least.

The only time we call players that leave traitors is if they go MN. ;)

No one is saying Rodgers wasn't his normal stellar self but to say he was terrible or crap is hyperbole big time.

exactly. that's the part that i don't get. if i say anything at all in defense of rodgers, i am a fanboy and i'm wearing green and gold goggles. but other people can say he "played like crap" (even though his stats say otherwise) and that's just keeping it real.

let me give you some actual examples of playing like crap:

andrew luck 74.9 passer rating 15 tds vs 12 ints.
sam bradford 86.4 passer rating 19 tds vs 14 ints.
joe flacco 83.1 passer rating 14 tds vs 12 ints.

Back