Post Game: Falcons Defeat Green Bay 34-23

I hate watching any pregame. I avoid it all costs. Have avoided for years. Last week, for some reason, daughter 3 had it on CBS. Simms and Cower talked about the run game. How it needed to be practiced, how it is still relevant, and how practicing it makes your team tougher. I don't think this team puts any emphasis on running the ball.

OK, having gotten around to watching the second half of the game I can honestly say there is not a thing to learn from the final 28+ minutes. It was truly over with the Rodgers fumble. After that Atlanta seemed content to sit back a little and let him complete all the little passes he wanted to, and just run the clock down on O. On to Cincinnati...

I posted this in the game thread, but I'm going to copy it here as well.

When I saw all the injuries going in to the game, I didn't even watch it. Same thing every year and the Packers don't change a thing with their trainers and/or training methods. How many times do they have to go through this??? Figure it out already! It's only the 2nd game and half the team is hurt already! Beyond ridiculous!...bh(rant)DHH(

I might add that WAY too many of the injuries are soft tissue injuries, quads, hammies, what have you. I understand ankles, knees, ribs, etc. But these injuries are signs the program is not working! I live in the Pacific Northwest and I'll tell you, Seattle rarely has these kinds of injuries. They were talking about it on the radio just the other day. Green Bay needs to figure it out and do something different!

I might add that WAY too many of the injuries are soft tissue injuries, quads, hammies, what have you. I understand ankles, knees, ribs, etc. But these injuries are signs the program is not working! I live in the Pacific Northwest and I'll tell you, Seattle rarely has these kinds of injuries. They were talking about it on the radio just the other day. Green Bay needs to figure it out and do something different!

Exactly what I've been driving at for the last several years. The types of injuries that we keep seeing can be prevented, or at least reduced in numbers considerably, if the conditioning program is geared properly. I don't get why the Packers don't see that what they do needs to be adjusted.

Back