Post Game: Falcons run by GB 25-24

what do you change to in empty in that formation? Cover 1 and that slants a TD, Cover 3 is still an easy first down. Not sure there is a better answer
maybe go press and slid the two DT over. I don't really know what else you could do

I thought the DL looked good. They got a lot of penetration. Quay played like a stud. Savage played well except for the bomb he mistimed his jump on. Gary gave up contain too many times. Alexander had the worst game of his career.

I can’t blame the O. With all they didn’t have. If Jones is in the game it is a win for sure. Dillon didn’t look good. He is ok inside but as soon as you try running him to the edge it is a negative play. The LT rotation was shaky at best. They kept a TE on the left side all game to help with protection. Not having Bahk out there was a big difference.

Still trying to figure out on 4 & 1 how the QB goes but the C doesn’t snap the ball.

I thought the DL looked good. They got a lot of penetration. Quay played like a stud. Savage played well except for the bomb he mistimed his jump on. Gary gave up contain too many times. Alexander had the worst game of his career.

I can’t blame the O. With all they didn’t have. If Jones is in the game it is a win for sure. Dillon didn’t look good. He is ok inside but as soon as you try running him to the edge it is a negative play. The LT rotation was shaky at best. They kept a TE on the left side all game to help with protection. Not having Bahk out there was a big difference.

Still trying to figure out on 4 & 1 how the QB goes but the C doesn’t snap the ball.
Mark posted it earlier>>

Jordan Love said he gave the wrong “live word” to check to a QB sneak on fourth and 1 late. That’s why the ball wasn’t snapped. His fault, he said.

Maybe you just tip your cap then? Unless they called TO, remove Campbell and replace him with a DB, but I guess then they hand it off and get the 1st that way
Ahh this is what happens when I fail to read all the posts first. Thanks Fish!

I had to remind myself that this is a young team and they were missing some key guys.

In other words, if you’d told me they wouldn’t have Jones, Bak, Watson and during the game lost Jenkins and LVN and lost by 1 point on the road? Sounds about right. Jones and Bak are 2 of their best 5 and players and the other guys i mentioned are probably top 10.

I also think that Atlanta is a sneaky good team and barring injury Bijan Robinson is a shoe in for rookie of the year.

That being said, I hated how poorly Jaire and Dillon played today. Gary is playing at 3/4 speed and MLF and Barry did this team no favors today. Love played above average - not great, but a “B plus” type score which normally should be good enough but not today.

The defense has not improved at all from last year. Lot of talent but the scheme is crap and that's on Slow Joe. Each week is going to be a dog fight with praying this defense shows up.

I've been looking forward to watching a young team grow this season, but it took me a while after this particular game to remember that. :) Even with the very important men missing, it felt so in grasp until the last quarter.

I am so happy with Love and what he has accomplished. I love his even-keeled temperament and you can tell that the whole group respects one another and encourages one another.

Watching their RB's run all over our D just brings up all the questions we ask year after year after YEAR around here. That's pretty infuriating. bh(

Jaire certainly had a bad day.

I'm just *done* with thunder thighs. ugh.

gopackgo

Here is my take:

Offense:

Love played very well. I have no issues how he played. He did miss a wide open Doubs in the 4th and had the QB sneak goof but otherwise played very well

Dillion is just a guy and is fine for short yardage

Reed is looking like a great pick. This kid could be really good.

Bak is really an issue. He plays one game and can't play the next when he doesn't practice all week? He needs to go away after this season.

Defense

D-Line got pushed around all day. Yes they may have gotten good push and pressure but they can't stop the run once again. Also what annoyed me is they allowed Ridder to get out of the pocket and hurt them with his legs. No gap integrity when they rushed the passer.

Alexander is being paid as the best CB in the league. He needs to play better. Not good enough.

Savage continues to be a liability. He has always had a problem judging deep balls. And he is a starting Safety?

We had two dropped INTs. They were huge.

Barry is an absolute douche. He needs to go as we all have said. This as much on ML as it is on Barry since he kept him this year.

ML needs to be better as well. It is inexcusable that we didn't call a timeout on the FG in the first quarter. That is a possible 3 points and the win.

Positively: We can't freak out here. We are the youngest team in the league. We had our best lineman, #1 WR, and #1RB out and lost by 1 on the road. We are leading the division. Our QB looks real and our WRs look legit. Now we just need to see improvement every week.

Last edited:
The defense has not improved at all from last year. Lot of talent but the scheme is crap and that's on Slow Joe. Each week is going to be a dog fight with praying this defense shows up.
They had a game plan to attack our defense. Our LB's just do NOT swarm to the ball, and they figured out they could just keep running wide - only once did I see the defense react and hustle together to make the tackle. Too many guys standing around waiting for someone else to make the tackle, like they're afraid to get hurt.

Back