Post Game: GB Beats The Bears 38-20

Seems most Bears fans want to say the Packers are not as good as that the Bears are just that bad.

Also one person posted last time the Bears swept the Packers in the regular season was 1991.

Great game overall. Love played very well except for his overthrowing his receivers twice. But I think that will come in time. Practice, practice, practice.

I am hopeful that the defense has turned a corner and will be much more consistent than last year. I thought that they were agressive and for the most part I thought they did well. Except there were several times when they had trouble keeping Fields contained.

It's hard to know how things will go. Although we played well IMO. Did we just play that well or are the Bears still a mess?

Time will tell.

Now on to Atlanta.

(y)

- Love. Looked super composed and did a really nice job for his first game being, "The Man". Spread the ball around without all of his weapons available and didn't have any forced mistakes. A few things to clean up but I think he and the receivers will continue to develop better chemistry as the season progresses and the young bucks gain more experience.

- Carlson. Money today and looked to be dialed in. Didn't even let the high snap on the 52 yarder phase him at all

- Interior D looks improved and more disruptive. Nice to see Wyatt make some plays.

- Too many more positives to mention.

(n)

- Still too many missed tackles. Need to wrap up.

- Too many dumb penalties. Especially by some of the Vets

- Jones not being utilized for damn near the entire 1st half after the opening drive.

PFF also gave Aaron Jones a lower receiving grade than Khalil Herbert of the Bears, even though Jones’ two receptions were arguably the two biggest receptions of the day for either team. Jones had 86 yards receiving and a TD, Herbert had 37 receiving yards, no TDs.

I’m tempering my optimism a little bit as the Bears are a horrible team but still the Packers beat Chicago convincingly in their backyard without Watson and with Gary just getting back in the swing of things.

Still, it’s easy to see why Gute was wearing that s%#*t eating grin in the locker room and MLF is genuinely upbeat and really jazzed about this team. As good as Rodgers is or was, he was a distraction and he sucked all of the oxygen out of the room. Now all the Packers have to do is play football and not worry about offending or stepping on 12s toes.

The other thing that’s clear to me is we are starting to see glimpses of why they took some of these players like Walker and Wyatt and Gary and Van Ness as high as they did in the draft. The level of speed and/or athleticism on defense might be the best I’ve seen and if they play to their ability (along with Campbell and Preston) this could be a top 5 defense in terms of the front 7. Then you throw in Jaire and Rasual and I think it’s going to be really hard to move the ball and score a lot of points against these guys.

Fields might be a terrible thrower but as a runner he’s supremely talented and there were several plays yesterday where he got stopped in his tracks or run down. That doesn’t happen much.

Yes they play a little sloppy and undisciplined at times, but it’s clear to me this D can become elite if everyone does their job.

I rewatched the game:

Offense

Love- I know he had a 123 passer rating but he is not great throwing deep. He missed two big throws deep and over 15 yards he is not very accurate either. Having said that he played well at times.

AJ Dillon - He is not good. Trade him or release him after season. Play Patrick or Wilson more.

Jonsey- He makes this Offense go

Meyer- He was horrible. We need to draft a Center.

Defense

They need to tackle better

D-Line- They look better. We will see if they can continue this play

Savage- Actually played well.

Good win. Let's improve and move on to Atlanta

I rewatched the game:

Offense

Love- I know he had a 123 passer rating but he is not great throwing deep. He missed two big throws deep and over 15 yards he is not very accurate either. Having said that he played well at times.
Not sure which you're talking about but if you're referring to the Musgrave ball, I disagree. Musgrave botched the route, even ML called him out on it and Greg Olson called him out in real time. There was the ball to Toure which he did lead him too far vertical.

Back