Post Game Giants Defeat Packers in London 27-22

I saw some say GB has Jets, Commanders, Lions coming up relax. None of those 3 will be easy games. Jets smacked down Miam today, the commanders were in the game until the last play, and the Lions can score in most games.

GB could be 3-0 in those games but also 0-3 in those games.

We are what we are. We're not changing DCs until after the season, and this is our defense. We've put 5 games on tape, and OCs have a plan that can beat us.

Our offensive hope was built around our rookie WRs growing into the game. Watson is Watkins-a hammy waiting to happen. Doubs can't run most of his routes to the right depth and he has suspect hands.
Rodgers is Rodgers, a guy who loves the quick strike-even without weapons. A guy who would much rather pass than run---at the goal line---on 3rd and 2 in 4 down territory. Really, pretty much any time.

Our head coach can't control Rodgers, he can't adjust when the game plan needs to be adjusted. He does usually start with a pretty good plan.

Maybe that's enough to win 10 or 11. Maybe it's not. It's what we've got.

We are what we are. We're not changing DCs until after the season, and this is our defense. We've put 5 games on tape, and OCs have a plan that can beat us.

Our offensive hope was built around our rookie WRs growing into the game. Watson is Watkins-a hammy waiting to happen. Doubs can't run most of his routes to the right depth and he has suspect hands.
Rodgers is Rodgers, a guy who loves the quick strike-even without weapons. A guy who would much rather pass than run---at the goal line---on 3rd and 2 in 4 down territory. Really, pretty much any time.

Our head coach can't control Rodgers, he can't adjust when the game plan needs to be adjusted. He does usually start with a pretty good plan.

This team will very likely kick it into gear at some point. They usually do.

Btw, Matt was pretty upset by this display.

Two things are near certain with this current iteration of the Packers:

1) If the team gives up a score or gets punched in the mouth, they will near assuredly witness A-Rod go for three straight shots and punt. It is almost certain they will not stay the course (not that using their best weapon in Aaron Jones is even in their game-plan) and carve out an effective blend of plays to help their defense…

2) To that end, if the opposing team faces 2nd and long (which seems to be quite often) Joe Joe Barry will near certainly drop his CB’s a good 10-15 yards off the line of scrimmage and concede some type of chunk play.

No serious contending team would employ Barry as a D Coordinator calling these vanilla off man (let alone the ‘game-plan’ versus the Vikings in week 1) coverages. No serious contending team would trot Amari Rogers out for the sole reason of returning punts. You need to have a baseline of confidence your returner is, in the very least, a sure sets of hands to guarantee possession.

The previously empty 3-1 record could not hide what is clear in plain sight: this team is a mess. They really are an utter mess. They have many many a thing to straighten out and rectify - personally, I don’t think they have the prowess or intrepid sense of direction to rectify in the expedited manner that needs rectifying. I mean, you can’t travel back in time and suddenly realize Joe Barry (a) shouldn’t be in the interview process and (b) now that he snuck in certainly shouldn’t be in the list of serious candidates. You can’t help a coaching and personnel department that changes out heir starting O-Line of an entire second half of a season the week of a Home Playoff game. You can’t help said peeps who continue to cling to the Amari Rogers storyline as if it bares an ounce of fruit. Now that we’re seeing Hackett’s results in Denver and Getsy’s results in Chicago, is it really a stretch to question Stenavich’s prowess and ability to lead this offense where it needs to go to (O-Line coaching capabilities aside)?

Lotta problems in GB. Lotta weeks left. I have extremely little faith. This honestly feels like an extension of the Brewers season.
Bingo. Nice summation!

I’d put my money on giving me or AJ Dillon two downs to get two yards, I’d put my money on it. But at the same time I’m not the quarterback so I don’t know what he is seeing. They also made a good defensive play to bat it down. We just need to go back to the drawing board, put our heads down and keep working.
That was Jones......can't say I disagree.

It’s a major black eye for ML that canning his hand picked DC after two years is even a question, that is all on him. Barry was his pick. He probably could’ve gotten better results with this group if he just promoted Jerry Gray.

Back