Post Game ....Packers Thrash Vikings Move One Step Closer To Playoffs

Some things I saw after rewatching the game:

Offense
The oline played fantastic. Bak makes a difference.
AR only had one deep throw that was bad. The other two to Watson: One should have been caught and the other Watson was held or illegal contact. He has more velocity and accuracy. I think his thumb has healed.
Tom has been a god send.
Tonyan is finally getting his stride back. I think he is finally 100% healthy.

Defense
CBs played more up on WRs. Jaire jammed Jefferson consistently.
Slaton played more nose tackle allowing Clark to play his natural position. Finally!
Amos played his best game of the year.
Wyatt is finally starting to show some things. Although it helps when you play him.

STs
They have gotten better for sure but they still give up too much yards on kickoffs.
This is what the 3rd blocked punt in 2 years?

A big part of the winning streak IMO is the O not turning the ball over and the D is getting the TOs. This was a consistent pattern the last 3 years when we went 13-3. Let's hope it continues.

I'll have to defer to Mark on this, but I saw more coverage over the top by our safeties, to insure that our CBs weren't left out on an island trying to cover fast WRs? I believe that's what turned them into onlookers.

That would account for Zaire's improved game, as well as the improvements we saw in our safeties, including Amos.

Vikings fans smoking meth again.

322106561_730067211879260_2298595380045063973_n.jpg

I'll have to defer to Mark on this, but I saw more coverage over the top by our safeties, to insure that our CBs weren't left out on an island trying to cover fast WRs? I believe that's what turned them into onlookers.

That would account for Zaire's improved game, as well as the improvements we saw in our safeties, including Amos.
They were doing that earlier in the year however players were not executing on the top or bottom half. It looks like they are all finally on the same page. The sit on my hinder during camp and preseason and letting the scrubs play really hurt this team.

Back