Post-game: Steelers Defeat Green Bay

Overall impressions:

1. Love is actually getting some incredible plays. That last long pass, he really didn't have enough room to throw the ball. Yet he's off balance and gets it 40 yards downfield and on target. Plays like that are why you keep this kid and train him up.

2. That last play, Love showed the bad Jordan. He needed to toss a jump ball into the end zone so that one of his guys would at least have a chance at a 50/50. He shouldn't have thrown a bullet. No surprise it was picked off.

3. Joe Barry should be fired now. Not nearly enough pressure and never even thought about stopping the run. Shameful.

4. Wicks. He needs more reps, for sure. He just makes plays.

5. Jones. Probably his worst game this year. Drops.

6. OLine. was adequate and maybe good enough to win today.

7. Blocked XP. It's stuff like that where Deguara just didn't play the play. We have ZERO margin for error. And that was enough that we couldn't kick a FG to tie the game at the end. Shameful.

8. Gary. Zero impact.

9. LVN. Who?

10. Dillon. Great game. He's getting it into gear. Love to see him run and turn and run and pull bodies.

11. Nixon. Getting his returns going today was good to see. More please.

12. Learning to win. We are seeing glimpses. But still a long way to go. Wicks making plays. Watson not. Musgrave improving. Jones not. Valentine improving. But D makes ZERO turnovers - again.

Overall impressions:

1. Love is actually getting some incredible plays. That last long pass, he really didn't have enough room to throw the ball. Yet he's off balance and gets it 40 yards downfield and on target. Plays like that are why you keep this kid and train him up.

2. That last play, Love showed the bad Jordan. He needed to toss a jump ball into the end zone so that one of his guys would at least have a chance at a 50/50. He shouldn't have thrown a bullet. No surprise it was picked off.

3. Joe Barry should be fired now. Not nearly enough pressure and never even thought about stopping the run. Shameful.

4. Wicks. He needs more reps, for sure. He just makes plays.

5. Jones. Probably his worst game this year. Drops.

6. OLine. was adequate and maybe good enough to win today.

7. Blocked XP. It's stuff like that where Deguara just didn't play the play. We have ZERO margin for error. And that was enough that we couldn't kick a FG to tie the game at the end. Shameful.

8. Gary. Zero impact.

9. LVN. Who?

10. Dillon. Great game. He's getting it into gear. Love to see him run and turn and run and pull bodies.

11. Nixon. Getting his returns going today was good to see. More please.

12. Learning to win. We are seeing glimpses. But still a long way to go. Wicks making plays. Watson not. Musgrave improving. Jones not. Valentine improving. But D makes ZERO turnovers - again.
Van Ness is typical GB 1st round defense player who seems never to be allowed more then backup snaps his year 1. Not sure what GB game plan is that we need to bring along slow our 1st round pick.

We have some young receivers who are going to be decent with a little more experience. I'm not impressed with Watson, never have been. Not since I saw him early on, where he was tentative in his willingness to go after a ball. Instead, he's protecting himself, and not scrapping for passes, and above all, does not understand the concept of putting your body between the ball and the defender, so the only way he can get to it is by interference. He needs to be demoted, and either learn how to play as a #1 receiver, or become a back up to those who do.

Regardless of what anyone thinks, I believe Doubs is our best receiver. He protects the ball when it's thrown to him, and knows how to maneuver himself into a position where he keeps his body between the receiver and the ball. He also fights for every ball thrown in his direction, even if he's going to take a huge hit. People complaining about him not having enough catches, or not enough yardage to matter, better take a look at who out there can be counted on most, and yet is limited as a target.

We have some young receivers who are going to be decent with a little more experience. I'm not impressed with Watson, never have been. Not since I saw him early on, where he was tentative in his willingness to go after a ball. Instead, he's protecting himself, and not scrapping for passes, and above all, does not understand the concept of putting your body between the ball and the defender, so the only way he can get to it is by interference. He needs to be demoted, and either learn how to play as a #1 receiver, or become a back up to those who do.

Regardless of what anyone thinks, I believe Doubs is our best receiver. He protects the ball when it's thrown to him, and knows how to maneuver himself into a position where he keeps his body between the receiver and the ball. He also fights for every ball thrown in his direction, even if he's going to take a huge hit. People complaining about him not having enough catches, or not enough yardage to matter, better take a look at who out there can be counted on most, and yet is limited as a target.
Watson needs to bulk up.

Yeah I think the route on the first INT was a good example of this. He actually starts off right outside the left hash and takes that route so far wide and just allows Peterson to bully him to the sideline, he doesn't have any room to work with. He's gotta be stronger and more assertive there, refs were letting them play.

That said, I believe ML said in the presser that Love just shouldn't have throw to Watson there because even with a perfect throw the route wasn't there. So that's a separate issue, but if he wants to establish himself as a real No 1 WR he's gotta do better.

Honestly, if ML keeps Barry after this season ML should be let go.

Another game of 205 yards on the ground and playing light boxes against a team that runs the ball and a QB that has averaged 178 yards per game all year. Harris and Warren are averaging 4.5 yards per carry combined. WTH?

How can we all see this plain as day and our D-Coordinator cannot? It is absolutely infuriating.

Heard on radio that GB is only team to lose 3 games this year when allowing over 400 yards or more.

Also beat writer was asked by radio guy why play all the nickel when Kenny Pickett has been awful this year. Play the run make Pickett beat you. Guy had no answer to why all the nickel.

My guess Joe Barry has nickel poising in his brain thus all the nickel and other stupid choices.

On Watson 5 out of 10 INT's Love has thrown have been to Watson. Shows that Watson is a guy who will not fight for the ball and/or runs wrong routes. Time to him see less playing time. Until he can earn it in practice he should be demoted to 4th or 5th WR.

Honestly, if ML keeps Barry after this season ML should be let go.

Another game of 205 yards on the ground and playing light boxes against a team that runs the ball and a QB that has averaged 178 yards per game all year. Harris and Warren are averaging 4.5 yards per carry combined. WTH?

How can we all see this plain as day and our D-Coordinator cannot? It is absolutely infuriating.
Not sure if he was trying to protect the back end with Douglas gone and Jaire out, or just plain crappy scheme for this game. Nothing about what Barry does surprises me. I know what ML has said before about changing DC mid season, but I wouldn't be heartbroken if he let Barry go today.

Back