Post Game Thread: Falcons Slip By Packers 33-32

Mark87

Carpe Diem
Admin
Reaction score
Website
wisconsinsportstalk.net
Much tighter game then many thought GB lost a squeaker on the Road. More injuries kind of cloud things in Packer land though.

Couple thoughts..see a lot of people talking about AR being back ? He played against a defense that gives up huge chunks of yardage through the air and plays cover 2 70% of the time ? Of course he had a big game.

AR and that damn QB draw will be what ends his career or season.. just watch. Throw the damn ball away and live another day. 32 yr old QB doing that is stupid.

Defense is really dinged right now and won't hold up much longer if these injuries persist. MM can't play so fast because lack of depth will get that D tired and boom your screwed.

Bring on the Colts !

Last edited:
I had this as a L but they could have snuck a W.

All I continue to hear is that this team is stacked, ready to win, but the injuries prevent it. Each year, the same is said. This is another one of those years.

You know what is tiring? The consistently bad play calling on 2nd or 3rd and short. The offense is really predictable and has been since '11. I wonder what it is like to sit in a defensive team meeting of the Packers' opponent. At this point - do teams even have defensive team meetings during Green Bay week?

This franchise really needs a breath of fresh air blown into it from the top down. We have the best play-maker in the game and we shy away from him in so many situations that it has become predictable. This post may not be that popular here as us Packers fans are quite the stans, but man... now I know what it felt like for Dolphins fans when they had Marino.

You know what is tiring? The consistently bad play calling on 2nd or 3rd and short. The offense is really predictable and has been since '11. I wonder what it is like to sit in a defensive team meeting of the Packers' opponent. At this point - do teams even have defensive team meetings during Green Bay week?

This franchise really needs a breath of fresh air blown into it from the top down. We have the best play-maker in the game and we shy away from him in so many situations that it has become predictable. This post may not be that popular here as us Packers fans are quite the stans, but man... now I know what it felt like for Dolphins fans when they had Marino.

Head coach is O Coord..sure, he could give it to someone else but they've tried that....o tanks and he can come in to recsue again, yet its the same results.

thumbsup

Rodgers - Looked a lot more like vintage Rodgers today.
Adams - Finally some consistency?
Jordy - Looked better.
Ripkowski - Good runs.

thumbsdown))

MM's End of Half Decisions - Not great.
The Defense - Not great today.
Injuries - are a bitch

Depressing actually. It's not like going in to the game we felt like we were world beaters about to win a title this season, but the loss in Atlanta just confirmed further that things look bleak. Tough night for us!

It wasn't a bad loss. I at least saw more passion than I have in awhile from the offense. Another game that should be telling MM it's time to get those young WR major reps. They're the way forward not forcing it to Nelson/Cobb... This team is ready to move on from the old statesmen of the team who have lost a step.

Another game where the TE's are completely non existent.

DEF not aggressive enough the last ATL drive and Ryan had time to find people.

Offense calls on that last drive were awful.

All in all not a bad game. Will have another week to fine tune things against an awful IND team. Slightly tougher game vs TEN, then a brutal 4 week stretch...

Though any given Sunday. I was living in Indy in the late 90's when a cocky GB team came to town and got beat by Jim Harbuagh and a rag tag Colts team.

Everyone was saying we were gonna get blown out. I was pleased with the effort but the young kids in the secondary got burned. The Falcons have one of the most explosive offenses in the game today and we were down to, what, our 4th and 5th CBs on the depth chart and no CM3.

What I found promising is it appears we have our QB back. He was decisive, more accurate than he's been and took what the defense gave him. His runs for first downs were very welcome. Adams played well. He fumbled once but it went out of bounds and he got tackled for a loss a couple of times but he had some big catches. Jordy looked like he was running well. Allison and Davis looked good too. Even Janis got a TD. Rip is hard to bring down. We do need to get those new RBs up to speed and hopefully Ty is back next week. Not having a running game today hurt us, especially in the second half.

Back