Post Game Thread : Packers Knock Off Rams 24-10

One other thing:

I really did not like the delay of game penalties and the penalties in general. We are at home for cripes sake! That should not happen.

There I said it.

Great win. The offense will get things figured out. I don't think enough people are giving credit to how great a defense the Rams have. The fact that we can win a game with our own defense while Rodgers played arguably his worst game in 6 years (turnover wise) can't be understated.

I really can't remember a time where we had as complete of a team as this in all three phases of the game.

Offense will be fine as some have said.

Of course I'd love to win 55-10 next week, but I'm fine with another defense-first home win next week with a lot of running and get everyone we can healthy over the bye and ready for the biggest stretch of the year.

thumbsup

Quentin Rollins - 2 INT's - 1 for a TD.
Julius Peppers - 1 sack and pressure which forced INT for TD.
Clay Matthews - 1.5 sacks and pressure all day. Clay is having his best season.
Ty Montgomery - 4 catches, 59 yards, 1 TD.
James Jones - 2 catches, 77 yards, 1 TD. TD was a great play when Packers offense really need one.

thumbsdown))

Aaron Rodgers - 3 turnovers
Eddie Lacy - 13 carries for 27 yards. Didn't have a lot of running room, but made some bad decisions.

That might be one of the best defensive fronts GB sees all year. They really play hard and pursue. I thought all things considered we past a big test today. We still have to see how we handle a more complete offense but this team is really red hot and playing well. Hell of a win. br) gopackgo

Full disclosure I didn't see the whole game. But what I did see was ugly. But a win is a win is a win. 5-0 is a great start to the season...

I would be lying if I said i'm not a little worried about the offense. only 17 points 2 weeks in a row... But at this point as long as the D keeps playing like they are the offense has time and support to get things back on track...

Cheesedog - the first possession - to the Rams - Packers defense cleared 'em off the field 1-2-3 and OUT! DEFENSE is unselfishly playing as a TEAM because many Packers players involved in that 1-2-3 and out. For two weeks in a row Packers defensive players have done some good combination plays.

First drive Packers touchdown was amazing for offense - they got into the game and started excellent. The 3rd and 11 Rams penalty was one of those providential helpers. Ty Montgomery not only looks good on the field - he can most often catch balls.

That 2nd Quarter - seems that St. Louis defense to our offense were able to get their "real in-game time" adjustments sent in and executed upon. TODAY our Victory Monday the Green Bay Packers have dropped from #8 to #15 in NFL 1st Down Leaders even though they won this game. (Kind of a big drop in stats in one week?) - The stat that worries me last week at (40.4 percent - or very close to that) is that 3rd down conversions also dropped again this week. Now at 60 attempts for the season - only 23 made (38.3) - Not such a large percentage slip for the week - but overall I am of the mind that even 40 PCT from the week before was too low.

The game went really fast to me listening to it yesterday - I think the offense was struggling before TJ Lang went down. I heard an interview with Bulaga that he said something like for both Josh Walker and Don Barclay who came in and he began communicating immediately. I will credit the offense for effort regarding that because TJ Lang is a starter and core player to the offense. I credit that James Jones receiver too - getting that TD was pure effort on his part.

The Rams defense this year we learned are as tough as we think they are and so is the Packers. Next step is the fingers crossed - praying thing regarding Nick Perry's shoulder injury and Raji's groin injury. Raji has had the football fire into him season.

I listened to the game re-hash just here and there with radio outdoors while doing leaves. I AGREE w/ one caller who said something like Julius Peppers is that quiet (but productive) experienced one out there on defense - I'm still glad he is playing for Green Bay. The young players can learn so much from Uncle Julius and after all his years on NFL fields - he is playing at excellence.

So here is to the Packers offense getting back to putting points on the board. In the Packers miserable years we all prolly would have cut our right arms off to know any game they were for sure good for at least two touchdowns. Here is to the DEFENSE who are playing like "supernaturals" that they can continue to grow, stay grounded and work hard as they have been and weather (ride out) the two defensive injuries I know about (Perry and Raji) from this week's game. - Kaye

STATISTICS SOURCE: http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/downs

Last edited:
Here are the stats that matter.

Offense - scoring rank = #5 27.4 points per game
Defense - rank = #3 16.2 points per game
Scoring Differential rank #3 +11.2

I would agree with Kaye, though. The 3rd down percentage does need to improve for the offense. We have plenty of time until playoff time; however, if we do not get better on third downs offensively it could haunt us come the playoffs.

Great win for the Packers. I feel like for the last couple weeks and next week it's all about surviving to the bye week were we can hopefully get healthy.

The most exciting thing of course is this defense. I feel like every player who's played meaningful snaps this season has made plays. Heck, even guys who play few snaps like Elliot and Rollins are making big plays. When guys like Raji and Burnett go out, the beat goes on. A complete team effort. thumbsup

The offense is a little worrisome with 2 relatively poor games in a row, but I feel like they'll get it figured out. Not having Jordy or Adams doesn't help. And Cobb, Jones and Lacy are playing through injuries. Just get through next week safely and get to that bye week. FCC(

Back