Rodgers, The Packers and Reality

I would have liked to see Rodgers kept this year and next with some kind of contract guarntee he stays here for 2 more years. That way he has one year left on his contract. At that time you can judge how the team is doing and how he is playing. Then both can say ok does it make sense to extend him or move on from him.
thats bad business sorry...essentially 2021 is guaranteed so thats off the table, I not committing $25.5m in cash to 2022 now, let 2021 be the tipping point

Last edited:
I'm not following Rodgers. I'm sad that the Pack did not take advantage of his talent while he is/was here for our benefit.

I bought "Pack Will Be Back Stuff" every year. I'm not looking forward to it.

I believe many will blame Rodgers for the breakup. I'm angry the Pack hasn't maximized its opportunities since Wolf left

I'm not following Rodgers. I'm sad that the Pack did not take advantage of his talent while he is/was here for our benefit.

I bought "Pack Will Be Back Stuff" every year. I'm not looking forward to it.

I believe many will blame Rodgers for the breakup. I'm angry the Pack hasn't maximized its opportunities since Wolf left
It’s a 2 way street and 12 has his share of blame that he’s responsible for.

A funny thing happens when a QB makes it to elite status. It’s like the better a guy is, the less responsibility he bears with fans when the team doesn’t win, and it probably should be the opposite right? Same thing with Favre. All the talk of the Packers wasting Rodgers career, well maybe Rodgers wasted some careers of his own.

It’s a 2 way street and 12 has his share of blame that he’s responsible for.
this is becoming a popular narrative here, and i strongly disagree. if we must narrow the blame, the nfcc championship was lost by the defense - and specifically kevin king, who cost the team two touchdowns on his own. a championship team should not be giving up 31 points. how ironic that the reigning champion chiefs also gave up 31 points while losing the super bowl.

rodgers passed for almost 70 yards more than brady, gave up two less interceptions than brady, had a passer rating of 101.6 vs 73.8 for brady. devante adams caught only 9 of the 15 passes thrown his way for less than 70 yards total. now there's a guy on offense that didn't live up to his billing. if he catches that td pass - we won.

we have a front office who doesn't seem to know jack about how to build a championship-worthy defense. they've been an utter failure at finding decent linemen (other than clark) or decent inside linebackers. and frankly if they had not brought in the smiths, they have been a bust at finding decent outside linebackers too.

so yeah, i know that the popular thing to do right now is put the blame on rodgers, but i believe you have to ignore an awful lot of other issues to make that leap.

Brady elevates the entire team when he's in playoff mode. Arod doesn't and that's the difference. You can talk stats but that's only part of it and only addresses the elite QB as a cog in a wheel. When you make that much money and suck up that much cap space you better be showing leadership and elevating the entire team to play better.

Or when your Def gifts you three turnovers in a playoff game you best score....

this is becoming a popular narrative here, and i strongly disagree. if we must narrow the blame, the nfcc championship was lost by the defense - and specifically kevin king, who cost the team two touchdowns on his own. a championship team should not be giving up 31 points. how ironic that the reigning champion chiefs also gave up 31 points while losing the super bowl.

rodgers passed for almost 70 yards more than brady, gave up two less interceptions than brady, had a passer rating of 101.6 vs 73.8 for brady. devante adams caught only 9 of the 15 passes thrown his way for less than 70 yards total. now there's a guy on offense that didn't live up to his billing. if he catches that td pass - we won.

we have a front office who doesn't seem to know jack about how to build a championship-worthy defense. they've been an utter failure at finding decent linemen (other than clark) or decent inside linebackers. and frankly if they had not brought in the smiths, they have been a bust at finding decent outside linebackers too.

so yeah, i know that the popular thing to do right now is put the blame on rodgers, but i believe you have to ignore an awful lot of other issues to make that leap.
And when the defense gave him the ball after 2 turnovers he went 3 and out both times, when WR flashed wide open inside the 10 he tried to force the ball into Adams, when he could have ran the ball he tried to force it dropping a dime to Adams. That’s on your QB

And when the defense gave him the ball after 2 turnovers he went 3 and out both times, when WR flashed wide open inside the 10 he tried to force the ball into Adams, when he could have ran the ball he tried to force it dropping a dime to Adams. That’s on your QB
adams played a very mediocre game. when you make that much money and suck up that much cap space you better be able to catch the ball - even if it requires a little extra effort.

Exactly. Look, it’s not all on Rodgers. Of course Kevin King blew a bunch of plays that killed them. Will Redmond dropped an INT. Savage blew a chance for an INT. But the point is that Rodgers blew plays too. So I can’t sit there and say “the Packers wasted his career”. Rodgers wasted his own career to the same degree that anyone on defense did over the years. It’s a team sport! That stuff happens, it also seems to happen to Rodgers every time he’s close to the dance.

adams played a very mediocre game. when you make that much money and suck up that much cap space you better be able to catch the ball - even if it requires a little extra effort.
I don’t think effort was in question.

Back