Rodgers Wants Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
As to Julio there is no indication the team no longer wants him. He’s the one who asked for the trade and the organization accommodated his wish. And no they have not been honest, the trade request was a few months ago.
Yeah but in ATL they know they have cap issues Julio has some value and they are not going to be a winning team in the next 2-3 years so he wants out fine we can trade him get something to help us rebuild. I won't be shocked in a year or two Ryan also wants out.

At this point I agree. Rodgers wanted to play until he was ready to stop and GB drafting a QB to groom hurt his Nancy feelings as he felt GB should not get a different QB until he quit.
I don’t think the draft was as big of a deal as I thought. He just plain and simple wants out on his terms no matter who is the backup or heir apparent

I don’t think the draft was as big of a deal as I thought. He just plain and simple wants out on his terms no matter who is the backup or heir apparent
I think Love was nail in the coffin though to say no you won't control the terms we will.

Yeah but in ATL they know they have cap issues Julio has some value and they are not going to be a winning team in the next 2-3 years so he wants out fine we can trade him get something to help us rebuild. I won't be shocked in a year or two Ryan also wants out.
The cap is an issue but the team never did not want him. It’s not the same situation

He spoke pointedly about people and culture.
Unless I misunderstand how it works, cultivating a positive “culture” ie. “Team Chemistry” falls mostly in the realm of the coaching staff AND the players.
The front office’s job is to bring in players they feel will fit in that culture.
So, is Aaron saying he, his teammates, and the coaching staff have failed in creating a positive team culture/environment?
The day to day details of fostering that environment does not fall within the purview of the front office (at least not IMO).

At this point Gute should let other teams and Rodgers know he's taking phone calls. They are willing to work with Rodgers were he would like to go but still will take best offer that comes in if comp is not close to equal to were he wants to end up.

Unless I misunderstand how it works, cultivating a positive “culture” ie. “Team Chemistry” falls mostly in the realm of the coaching staff AND the players.
The front office’s job is to bring in players they feel will fit in that culture.
So, is Aaron saying he, his teammates, and the coaching staff have failed in creating a positive team culture/environment?
The day to day details of fostering that environment does not fall within the purview of the front office (at least not IMO).
Rodgers can't accept that this is not the 80s or 90s anymore QB's do not go out on their own terms anymore. If Brady can leave NE anyone can leave. The last real great QB's to go out on their own terms were what Marino and Elway?

Honestly, he isn't nor has he been a team builder, he's kind of a loner by admission. He may be holding back the culture-building ML needs to make things go. Yes, I am speculating that but it makes sense.

Honestly, he isn't nor has he been a team builder, he's kind of a loner by admission. He may be holding back the culture-building ML needs to make things go. Yes, I am speculating that but it makes sense.
Yep 16 years he was never a guy like Woodson who would try to fire the team up be it's leader. Really since Woodson left GB has had no one step into that role and you would expect your star QB vet QB to be a leader for the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back