Rodgers Wants Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep 16 years he was never a guy like Woodson who would try to fire the team up be it's leader. Really since Woodson left GB has had no one step into that role and you would expect your star QB vet QB to be a leader for the team.
As long as AR was/is on the team, I doubt there has been anyone who dared assume that role for fear of upsetting his royal highness Rodgers.

Yep 16 years he was never a guy like Woodson who would try to fire the team up be it's leader. Really since Woodson left GB has had no one step into that role and you would expect your star QB vet QB to be a leader for the team.
Woodson and Donald Driver were the leaders of that team, and when Driver retired everyone expected AR to take more of a leadership role. But he is way too egocentric and conceited to be a true leader. Great, great player - but believes he's the smartest, most talented, most . . . . however you don't lead a team by doing your own thing.

Just reading all this stuff now. To be clear, when Rodgers attacks the culture of the team, he’s attacking the coaching staff more than the FO…. Which is just wild…
My question to Aaron is what is "doing things the right way"? Doing things the way YOU think they should be done? Clearing every personnel move with you before it's made? I'm not saying the FO has not made mistakes, but this to me sounds like he thinks he's the smartest guy in the organization and things should be done the way he thinks.

Just reading all this stuff now. To be clear, when Rodgers attacks the culture of the team, he’s attacking the coaching staff more than the FO…. Which is just wild…
Well from article we say yesterday Rodgers loves the OC Hackett and ML well not so much. We have seen this before were Rodgers loves his OC and not the HC because the OC is likely more pro Rodgers wanting to put the ball in his hand while the HC wants a more balanced offense which means Rodgers is not the focal point of the whole offense.

My question to Aaron is what is "doing things the right way"? Doing things the way YOU think they should be done? Clearing every personnel move with you before it's made? I'm not saying the FO has not made mistakes, but this to me sounds like he thinks he's the smartest guy in the organization and things should be done the way he thinks.
He said “it’s about the people”, which is a vague and passive aggressive way of saying “it’s about me.” Which people is it about? Why, Aaron Rodgers of course!

Again, more vague, vapid, obtuse nonsense language from him. Trying to make what’s essentially a selfish position seem altruistic. And I’m fine with it if he wants to say “it’s all about me, do what I want because I’m so great”, I would respect him more. But he clearly wants to be perceived as aggrieved or a victim. He’s one of the least personally likable players I’ve ever seen in any sport.

Final thought - if there are contract talks going on, I would guess his words are a sign that the team is not backing off of whatever limit on term they have in mind.

Long view this interview made it easier for GB to trade him because if it did one thing it seems to have turned the fan base against him. So the FO won't get blowback when they move him.

Arod is showing classic signs of being an abuser in an abusive relationship. Behind the scenes he's being vindictive and petty but in public he tries to be all mature and introspective.

Well from article we say yesterday Rodgers loves the OC Hackett and ML well not so much. We have seen this before were Rodgers loves his OC and not the HC because the OC is likely more pro Rodgers wanting to put the ball in his hand while the HC wants a more balanced offense which means Rodgers is not the focal point of the whole offense.
The OC in this offense and MM's was a glorified QB coach of yesteryear. They become buddies like Mooch and Reid with Favre, etc.

I'm not trying to dumb down the OC position. Not by any means but the OC is a go between and this is ML's offense and ML's vision, and Rodgers didn't like Pittsburgh macho and now he doesn't like Michigan Macho. As much as I railed against MM, I'm really starting to rethink those years and have more compassion for him now.

I didn’t stay up to watch, so I only know from what I’ve read this morning, but it seems that Kenny Mayne never “drilled down” in the interview to get Rodgers to detail/admit what he meant and what his detailed definition of “culture” and the failure of the organization meant.
The opportunity to get clarity from Rodgers was missed, and so we continue to be wandering in a heavy haze and trying to interpret his royal uppityness’s true meaning/intentions by those comments.

I don't know why, but this quote just blows my mind. Does this bother anyone else? I mean, is someone really that diabolical that it comes down to torching the whole organization now and into the future, just because of perceived slights!?!?

Rodgers wants to “expose” the Green Bay Packers.

“Aaron is an intelligent, trolling, petty, mother------,” says this teammate, as a compliment, who asked to remain anonymous because the Packers still employ him. “He’s going to get the last laugh. He’s going to make you look f------ stupid for disrespecting him. As a front office, why haven’t you anticipated this? Why are you getting blindsided?

“I’m not saying Aaron’s evil but this is like a criminal mastermind plan.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back