Rodgers Wants Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok just give us a Ricky WIlliams trade and will call it a day. :)

To those who don't remember Hadl, he was a 34 year old QB with the Chargers. Dan Devine and the Packers game up their first 3 picks in the next draft plus the first two the following year to get a washed up QB. Second worst trade in football history. Nobody can beat the Herschel Walker trade. That was pure disaster!
So GB should hold out for Hadl value you are saying and not trade him if they don't get that. :)

If this had all come to a head about 6 weeks before the draft, I wonder what teams would have offered up to get him at that point? I'd guess that would have been best bang for the buck as far as the Packers are concerned, long term, but the cap impact would have been staggering. I'm going to make a guess here, but I think a #1 & #3 this year, and a #1 next year, assuming it was in the 12 on down range. If it was a top 10 pick, probably a #1 this year, and a #4 this year as well.

I think that's a lot to pay for a QB who has a short shelf life. It reminds me of the Hadl trade!
I don’t think 2 #1’s will be offered. No with his contract

So GB should hold out for Hadl value you are saying and not trade him if they don't get that. :)
Nobody who remembers Hadl would consider giving up a truck load of picks for an aging QB.

To be honest, a lot of teams wouldn't give a 1st.

I do like how you played that one! ;)

I don’t think 2 #1’s will be offered. No with his contract
At that point, before the draft, if you're in the lower half of the draft? It's hard to say what some teams will do. But, like I said, if it's lower half picks.

At that point, before the draft, if you're in the lower half of the draft? It's hard to say what some teams will do. But, like I said, if it's lower half picks.
You have to factor in his age and contract. And then there is the need factor. You may be right and I’ve said many times it only takes one. But I don’t sense a big haul like 2 #1’s.

You have to factor in his age and contract. And then there is the need factor. You may be right and I’ve said many times it only takes one. But I don’t sense a big haul like 2 #1’s.
Nor do I. It would only have been someone who was desperate, and down lower in the draft is my guess. Even then, sketchy that they'd get it. Maybe a #2 the second year would be possible. Even then? Don't know.

Nor do I. It would only have been someone who was desperate, and down lower in the draft is my guess. Even then, sketchy that they'd get it. Maybe a #2 the second year would be possible. Even then? Don't know.
My thought was a #1 and a conditional 2 or 3 but maybe that’s steep. I get your point. Someone could overpay

Reactions: TW
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back