Rodgers Wants Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, it's different when someone's ass gets moved to make room for you. My god he's a complete ego manic
the comment on Favre showed his inability to see outside of" his" box. RP hit on the head he was an idiot on some of stuff. I will say this on most teams at any level what he just did would get you fined and suspended and in some places cut.

I know some people will like it because it's all out in the open but to those folks I'll say "what happens in Mexico should stay in Mexico" Think about it from your own family standpoint. Just saying.

the comment on Favre showed his inability to see outside of" his" box. RP hit on the head he was an idiot on some of stuff. I will say this on most teams at any level what he just did would get you fined and suspended and in some places cut.

I know some people will like it because it's all out in the open but to those folks I'll say "what happens in Mexico should stay in Mexico" Think about it from your own family standpoint. Just saying.
I’m actually a bit surprised that they let him available to the media today without the “restructured” contract done. They had to see a chance that if could go south. Just odd

You don't think he threw the entire FO under the bus drove over them backed up and drove over them again?
I know the words he said. How do I put this. I heard and saw a man who both loves the game so much he'd do it for free, but who is simultaneously burned out by his experiences with the league and on the verge of done. I think both those statements are absolutely true. The Packers operated exactly the same as 31 other teams in terms of letting players go. He even went back to Woodson for crying out loud, Gute was a college scout back then. He said all this stuff in the usual Rodgers way but it's no different than what Favre has said over the years - you look around the locker room and all your friends and peers are gone. Favre, the coaches son, was more philosophical about it; Rodgers seems bitter and yeah the ego comes in and he's sour he didn't have any control over it. But it's a spoon of the same soup, ya know? Unless you have a statesman's personality (think Manning, Brady), I think you need to be a little innocent to thrive at that position. Rodgers lost his a long time ago.

I'm not mad at the guy, or outraged. I feel a little bad for him.

There is not one thing that I see that wound keep him in GB. None. This salvo cannot be walked back. This was a calculated rant as his resignation letter
I just think if he gets power to have say in roster and new contract that would have him stay. With his ego why leave when the team would cave and give you what you want.

I know the words he said. How do I put this. I heard and saw a man who both loves the game so much he'd do it for free, but who is simultaneously burned out by his experiences with the league and on the verge of done. I think both those statements are absolutely true. The Packers operated exactly the same as 31 other teams in terms of letting players go. He even went back to Woodson for crying out loud, Gute was a college scout back then. He said all this stuff in the usual Rodgers way but it's no different than what Favre has said over the years - you look around the locker room and all your friends and peers are gone. Favre, the coaches son, was more philosophical about it; Rodgers seems bitter and yeah the ego comes in and he's sour he didn't have any control over it. But it's a spoon of the same soup, ya know? Unless you have a statesman's personality (think Manning, Brady), I think you need to be a little innocent to thrive at that position. Rodgers lost his a long time ago.

I'm not mad at the guy, or outraged. I feel a little bad for him.
He hates the business of football even if it led to his wealth. And to him people like Gute and Murphy are part of that “establishment”.

I just think if he gets power to have say in roster and new contract that would have him stay. With his ego why leave when the team would cave and give you what you want.
Why leave? He hates the business of football. He’s going to have a seat at the table in his next destination, bank that. 31 other teams heard that loud and clear.

He hates the business of football even if it led to his wealth. And to him people like Gute and Murphy are part of that “establishment”.
If he hates the business why was he so pissed that GB would not listen to he thought should be on the team?

Why leave? He hates the business of football. He’s going to have a seat at the table in his next destination, bank that. 31 other teams heard that loud and clear.
I am not convinced he won't be given it in GB. I can see Murphy show Gute the door and let Rodgers hand pick his GM.

If he hates the business why was he so pissed that GB would not listen to he thought should be on the team?
It’s complicated, like him. He had this vision what the culture should be, not just talent, beyond that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back